GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Coolant temp switch

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
71novaguy

Coolant temp switch Empty
PostSubject: Coolant temp switch   Coolant temp switch Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 8:15 pm

Anyone had issues with replacement coolant temp switches? The replacements are 2 wire and you have to ground it. When you do, it pegs out the gauge. When you don't , it reads nothing. With my scan tool I can see what the sensor on the water pump says and it's not over heating. Any better replacements or am I doing it wrong?
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Coolant temp switch   Coolant temp switch Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 11:02 pm

Common complaint.  Most auto parts stores always cross the number for sensor for gauge with the switch used on the idiot light cars.  Your GM dealer can get you the right one or The AC number that works is at Rockauto

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bill
Back to top Go down
71novaguy

PostSubject: Re: Coolant temp switch   Coolant temp switch Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 8:45 am

Well wtf. I found the single wire temp switch at advance auto but had to get a replacement single wire connector at orielly as I had throw the factory one away already. So, now plugged on I have no reading... This car I swear
Back to top Go down
71novaguy

PostSubject: Re: Coolant temp switch   Coolant temp switch Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 9:11 pm

Never mind, I'm an idiot. Works good now
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Coolant temp switch   Coolant temp switch Icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 10:20 pm

71novaguy wrote:
Never mind, I'm an idiot. Works good now

well,.. share what was wrong,.
Back to top Go down
71novaguy

PostSubject: Re: Coolant temp switch   Coolant temp switch Icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 11:07 am

Well I had put on quick connects on the power and ground from the previous 2 wire. I hooked the new sensor to ground.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coolant temp switch   Coolant temp switch Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coolant temp switch
Page 1 of 1