GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New member, not so new wagon

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
FarmingEngineer

New member, not so new wagon Empty
PostSubject: New member, not so new wagon   New member, not so new wagon Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 9:56 am

So, I grew up riding around in the smaller wagons (cavalier, celebrity), and have fond memories of them and those of my friend's parents (except for the time I wrecked the cavalier, but that's a story for another time). Fast forward a few decades, and I have small kids, three of them in fact, and we have outgrown the Rendezvous I hated so much (wife's car, she loved it though). So, we've got a growing family, all boys, likely to be larger than the average bear like their father, and I need to upgrade the family car.

I start looking at Suburbans and Tahoes, realizing shortly thereafter the complete lack of legroom and headroom in the 3rd row seating. Then I come across a Caprice Wagon on Craigslist, and quickly come up with a pros and cons list for each body type. I take this list to my wife, who'll be the primary driver of the car, and she's on board. I spent a little over a month looking at various wagons, from the Taurus to the Roadmaster, eventually choosing a Roadmaster in Ohio. Bought it over the phone, and they delivered it later that week. After the first drive, I was a little jealous, and wishing I had such a commuter car (I drive a Saturn SL).

Now, I'm looking at suspension upgrades, trailer hitch, cooling system upgrades, and rear air conditioning. My wife loves this car, and I can't wait for our first road trip!
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: New member, not so new wagon   New member, not so new wagon Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 10:02 am

Welcome. I enjoy both the A-Body front wheel drive platform and the B-Body. I havent met a kid yet that didnt enjoy that gunner seat. You will find plenty of great info and advice here....Im going to go on a limb here and predict another wagon in your future.Lol...
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New member, not so new wagon   New member, not so new wagon Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 12:31 pm

Welcome aboard. There is nothing to say you can't get your own wagon Wink
just keep and eye out for the screaming deal and bounce when it happens. I hit a high of 6 at one time around this time last year. Now I'm down to 2 but looking lol.
Back to top Go down
bamalongroof

bamalongroof

PostSubject: Re: New member, not so new wagon   New member, not so new wagon Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 12:59 pm

Good story my ex thinks the wagon is ugly the next likes it. Jeff
Back to top Go down
harrisons13

harrisons13

PostSubject: Re: New member, not so new wagon   New member, not so new wagon Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2014 12:55 am

Interesting story. Kinda funny you went from subs and tahoes, to wagons. I think you made a great choice. I grew up with Tahoes, I wish we had a whale instead. Those boys will enjoy the Roadmaster i'm quite sure.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkqi6xKihlvfX82nZ3nmCHQ?view_as
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New member, not so new wagon   New member, not so new wagon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New member, not so new wagon
Page 1 of 1