GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oil dipstick tube

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
OCCruiseship

Oil dipstick tube Empty
PostSubject: Oil dipstick tube   Oil dipstick tube Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 9:21 pm

Hello everyone.

Went for an oil change towards the end of the year last year. The "geniuses" at Jiffy Lube made an already worn out dipstick tube completely unusable because they thought it was okay to force it in. I can see the ginormous hole in the tube near the bottom. Now I was wondering, where can I find one brand new? I could go to a junk yard and hope for the best but the nearest one to me is two states away (f****** New York) and I don't want to do that long drive and get disappointed, so I said I'll just buy it new.

Thanks in advance for the help.
Back to top Go down
Bobloblaw

Bobloblaw

Oil dipstick tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil dipstick tube   Oil dipstick tube Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 9:39 pm

I did a quick search for you on rockauto.com and I found what looks to be what you might be looking for.

Since I do not know what type of car you have, I can only do so much.

This search was based off of a guess 95 buick roadmaster.....
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Hope this is what you were looking for.

Edit: I double checked that link, and it just send you to the rockauto.com website. This should help you get a head start.
The prices I noticed ranged from $8 - $12

Last edited by Bobloblaw on Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
OCCruiseship

Oil dipstick tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil dipstick tube   Oil dipstick tube Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 9:40 pm

Oh sorry, went off on a rant and forgot that info. It's a 91 OCC. Yeah, checked Rock Auto and they didn't have it
Back to top Go down
HoosierDaddy

Oil dipstick tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil dipstick tube   Oil dipstick tube Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 10:00 pm

Since you presumably have the stock 305 or 350, wouldn't you just need a standard SBC right side dipstick and tube like the ones Dorman and Mr Gasket sell?
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Oil dipstick tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil dipstick tube   Oil dipstick tube Icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 11:33 am

Available at any parts store. You can even get a fancy chrome one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oil dipstick tube Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oil dipstick tube   Oil dipstick tube Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oil dipstick tube
Page 1 of 1