GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dipstick Question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Dipstick Question Empty
PostSubject: Dipstick Question   Dipstick Question Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 11:42 am

Hey Jim, the LT1 oil dipstick is 2-foot, 1-inches long from the base of the plastic handle to the tip. The trans dipstick is 2-foot, 6-inches long from the base if the plastic handle. I onlt measured the metal part on both.

-Mike
Back to top Go down

Dipstick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dipstick Question   Dipstick Question Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:34 pm

Thanks Mike a BUNCH.Just got back from a birthday party for my kid brothers girl who just turned 50.Man did we
surprise her.She walked into the garage,we screamed happy birthday and she started crying.Man was that priceless.
Going to measure them in the am.Thanks again Mike!
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Dipstick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dipstick Question   Dipstick Question Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 5:38 pm

Just dont measure your dipstick in the morning when its cold, sometimes there is a shrinkage issue.

Wait.. What? Shocked
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Dipstick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dipstick Question   Dipstick Question Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 8:31 pm

your kid brothers girl,. daughter that turned 50??
jeez how old are you??
Back to top Go down

Dipstick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dipstick Question   Dipstick Question Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 8:43 pm

Sorry let me clarify,my kid brothers "girlfriend".Sorry bout that Nick,and it was a hell of a surprise for her.I filmed her face with my Sony and my
recording clarity was much better than her brothers fancy video recorder on a tripod.
I cant believe what a modern digital camera is capable of doing today versus a few years ago.
Take Care
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

Dipstick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dipstick Question   Dipstick Question Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 9:08 pm

I installed a gas fireplace insert yesterday and attempted to track down the cooling system leak in my wagon at the same time.
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

Dipstick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dipstick Question   Dipstick Question Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 9:54 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:
I installed a gas fireplace insert yesterday and attempted to track down the cooling system leak in my wagon at the same time.

While staying at a Holday Inn Express?

Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

Dipstick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dipstick Question   Dipstick Question Icon_minitimeMon Nov 22, 2010 9:09 am

No but now I have heat regardless of what the coolant does.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dipstick Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dipstick Question   Dipstick Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dipstick Question
Page 1 of 1