GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D

Go down 
+8
Bewber
phantom 309
Sprocket
lornejay1
DBeaSSt
200OZ
jayoldschool
toomanytoyz
12 posters
AuthorMessage
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Empty
PostSubject: Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D   Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 7:56 pm

Yeah baby! She's home! I love this effin truck already.

Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D 2500_1

01 2500 GMC. 6.0, 4L80E, 3.73's, leather, loaded!
Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D WootTruck

Is it bad that I stopped off on the way home from the dealer to snag a pair of nerf bars that I found on CL while signing the paperwork for the rig? Wink

Or that i already spent 400 bucks on eBay for parts and manuals for it? Wink

Ha! So much for LITFA!!!!! Very Happy

It needs a few little things. One of the headlights was broken and both the side mirrors were broken. Used 'em as bargaining chips... So I ordered some projectors offin' eBay and a set of OEM heated mirrors for cheap there too. It also pulses a little when you hit the brakes but pads and rotors are cheap at the Zone for it. And it's got a little rattle sometimes that almost sounds like a heat shield. But I'll have my ezzost guy take care of that this week... Wink

I'm just psyched to have it home!!!!!

Can anyone recommend a GOOD detailer around here? I need a super-douche on the interior to get rid of the dog smell that's trapped in the carpet (and headliner, I'm sure).

EDIT: Oh, and does anyone know anyone who has a good rear bumper for it?
Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D 2500_3
Seems they ALL do that. Sad
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D   Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 8:01 pm

LOL

Billy, you are a true car slut.

Let's pull that engine and trans and stick it in a B body...

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D   Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 8:57 pm

Sweet truck Bill. That champagne, gold color hides dirt well, so it looks cleaner, longer.

I think GM made the rear bumpers for those trucks out of tin foil. The place I work at has about 12 of those trucks and every one has a mashed bumper.

Check the blower motor resister (pass. side foot well), GM had a lot of problems with corrosion with them. The connector wires get hot, and melt sometimes start a fire. Although a fire is unlikely, I know of two trucks that caught fire, both total lose, one took out a friend's garage.

Mike
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D   Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 9:10 pm

Nice, slut! 3/4 ton trucks are fun. Of course 1 ton's more so but hey. Smile I want a diesel though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D   Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 9:26 pm

Nice truck Bill. I know you will pamper it Razz

My Suburban has eaten 2 resisters as well,warranty covered them. They told me I had water getting in so you might want to check for that as well.

If your front end ever feels like it is shot,and you feel it in the steering wheel,there is a nipple on the stering shaft that will make it like new. They recalled mine and replaced the shaft with an upgraded version (nippleless),and said they cured the problem. I liked the grease and go one personally.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D   Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 7:59 am

Nice truck!!!! My first ride was a Chevy 4x4 with the bullet proof NP205 transfer case and a 4-speed.

It seems to be wanting something though....................................

Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Spray-ultra-flat-black-200
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D   Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 8:33 am

On your detail question. Vacuum well and Febreeze the heck out of it, well can't Febreeze the leather but a good cleaning should take care 'o that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D   Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 9:46 am

It's not a diesel,. meh.

Nick
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D   Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 9:53 pm

Doesn't mean it don't burn oil though, Nick. Wink

And no, no Satin paint on this one. I love this color! Very Happy

Thanks for the tip Mike! Smile
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D   Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 9:57 pm

Congrats dude. It's about damn time you got yourself something presentable to drive.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D   Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 10:45 pm

Bewber wrote:
Congrats dude. It's about damn time you got yourself something presentable to drive.
so a wb4 is NOT presentable?

Nick
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D   Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 11:11 pm

I was bean sarcastic.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D   Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 6:32 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
Can anyone recommend a GOOD detailer around here? I need a super-douche on the interior to get rid of the dog smell that's trapped in the carpet (and headliner, I'm sure).

By reading reviews, these guys seem to be Detailers, not glorified car washers.

Dewey's Detailing
(603) 598-3820
45 Harbor Ave, Nashua, NH 03060

And, no, fabreese will not remove wet dog smell. It will cover it up for a few days. Do yourself a favor and get the interior shampooed and use an ozone generator. While you're at it, have him clay and polish out the paint. It'll look better than the marshmallow did at WF.

JMHO

Robert
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D   Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 1:18 pm

I tried to find the artical of my friend's truck/garage fire , but this is the best I could come up with. No one was hurt, but it was a real bummer, lots of tools, and equipment was lost. His granddaughters stayed over night with Jim and his wife Lynn that night, The good Lord was watching over them. Sorry no pics.

http://rochesterathome.com/dct/62/id/398/mid/315/Late-Night-Vehicle--Garage-Fire-Discovered-By-Neighbors.aspx

Jim Fox was a Snap-On reginal manager at the time and had a ton of Snap-On tools in the garage and shed, mostly diagnostic equipment that he just got from Snap-On to demonstrations for customers all over western NY. The car in the garage was an old 1950's Porche speedster he was restoring. Fire was traced to the pass. foot well area, then GM some how concluded that the wiring harness to the blower resister was the cause.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D   Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:13 pm

Yeah, you will need an Ozone Machine....wish you were closer as I would let you use mine.

If your guy as one...have the interior cleaned 1st and then run the machine overnight if possible. Also let it run for a bit with the truck idling and the AC on recirculating.

Sweet truck!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D   Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 6:25 pm

Thanks for the tips, guys. Ozone machine, huh?

I had it detailed today. I asked around at work, and got a good lead on a local dealership that one of the cops I work with, who is a car guy, sends all his friends to. Came out nice! Smile

Debadged and Detailed:
Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D DeBadged
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D   Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 6:30 pm

Bewber wrote:
I was bean sarcastic.

Oh too bad,. cos i was gonna agree,. thats why we drive a lincoln,..

Nick
extra thick flame suit on,.. What a Face Laughing
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D   Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 6:31 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:
got a good lead on a local dealership that one of the cops I work with, who is a car guy, sends all his friends to

Hold the bus,... you work with cops? doing what..??

nick
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D   Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 6:57 pm

When are you going to get "whole-ass" nerf bars to replace those HALF ASS ones you stuck on there.

Let me guess - they're not the right ones for the truck, but they were a "good deal"? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
96Brougham

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D   Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 7:52 pm

Bewber wrote:
When are you going to get "whole-ass" nerf bars to replace those HALF ASS ones you stuck on there.

Let me guess - they're not the right ones for the truck, but they were a "good deal"? Very Happy

Hahaha you couldnt have guessed it better! He put them on, took a few steps back, and we all agreed that it looked awkward... but hey, he DID get a good deal on them!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D   Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 8:20 pm

Dude... They were 40 bucks! Wink

And I atually kinda like the way it looks with the shorter bars. It's definately different.

And Nick, I work for the phone company and sometimes I have cops as "details" to direct traffic and such. Wink
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D   Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 9:10 pm

toomanytoyz wrote:

Yea that's not uncommon for S10 parts to cost less than 3/4 ton stuff. Way to make it work brah!
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D   Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:56 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
Thanks for the tips, guys. Ozone machine, huh?

Yes, and definitely worth it. I paid $35 for a detail shop to use one and get rid of the smoke smell in the Yukon I recently purchased.

It works, and works wonders for strong odors.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D   Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 8:45 pm

Bewber wrote:
toomanytoyz wrote:

Yea that's not uncommon for S10 parts to cost less than 3/4 ton stuff. Way to make it work brah!

lol!

Touche'

Smile

And I will definately look into the ozone machine bit if the stink comes back. But so far, so good!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D   Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finally got me a six-oh! No need to swap!!! :D
Page 1 of 1