GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mechanical Fan Belt Tensioner

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
oldfriendabb

oldfriendabb

Mechanical Fan Belt Tensioner Empty
PostSubject: Mechanical Fan Belt Tensioner   Mechanical Fan Belt Tensioner Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2015 10:43 pm

Picked up a new wagon and the mech. fan belt tensioner is making a bunch of noise. I have ordered a new one from 3 different sites and each time I get an email or phone call that says they are out of stock. anyone have a known good one or have a good resource for a new one? Did the electric fan swap on my other wagon and would like to keep this one original.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Fan Belt Tensioner   Mechanical Fan Belt Tensioner Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 12:46 pm

oldfriendabb wrote:
Picked up a new wagon and the mech. fan belt tensioner is making a bunch of noise.  I have ordered a new one from 3 different sites and each time I get an email or phone call that says they are out of stock.  anyone have a known good one or have a good resource for a new one?  Did the electric fan swap on my other wagon and would like to keep this one original.

IIRC,.. you can pull it apart and press a new bearing in it,.after the old bearing is out you get the number off it,..
Back to top Go down
oldfriendabb

oldfriendabb

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Fan Belt Tensioner   Mechanical Fan Belt Tensioner Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 9:44 pm

didn't even think of that....that's doable...thanks
Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Fan Belt Tensioner   Mechanical Fan Belt Tensioner Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2015 10:05 pm

Interesting. I suppose this explains why I sold one of these last week for more than I paid for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mechanical Fan Belt Tensioner   Mechanical Fan Belt Tensioner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mechanical Fan Belt Tensioner
Page 1 of 1