GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

mystery wires/connector

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Hardiron

Hardiron

mystery wires/connector Empty
PostSubject: mystery wires/connector   mystery wires/connector Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 3:17 am

Greetings everyone! I am new to the forum and GM B-bodies but I couldn't find my answer with the search function or through google. I am the proud new owner of a 1996 Buick roadmaster wagon. While checking the fuse for the compressor for the self leveling suspension, I found a plug that was disconnected behind the fusebox. It consisted of a green, yellow, and light gray cables, after I inserted a 25 amp fuse, I plugged in the mystery cable, fired it up, and had my brother stand on the tailgate. The pump fired up after the expected delay. However, I unplugged the fuse for the ride home assuming my SLS had leaks. When I pulled in and shut the car down, I heard a strange electrical noise from the front left under the hood.

My question is, what was the plug I reconnected, and what was the sound? I suspect it was the pump or bleed valve, but I'm not sure. I unplugged the cable again to not damage anything else.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: mystery wires/connector   mystery wires/connector Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 8:45 pm

What did you plug the connector into?
Back to top Go down
Hardiron

Hardiron

PostSubject: Re: mystery wires/connector   mystery wires/connector Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 9:05 pm

There was a quick connect plug next to it that ran along the firewall, also 3 wires.
Back to top Go down
snakeeyesracing

snakeeyesracing

PostSubject: Re: mystery wires/connector   mystery wires/connector Icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 3:07 pm

Can you take a pic of it?
Back to top Go down
OCCruiseship

PostSubject: Re: mystery wires/connector   mystery wires/connector Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 12:00 pm

Hardiron wrote:
There was a quick connect plug next to it that ran along the firewall, also 3 wires.
Shot in the dark, but maybe a broken power antenna? (if by left you mean when standing in front of the car Razz )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: mystery wires/connector   mystery wires/connector Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 5:35 pm

PICS, please, if you can! The suspense is killing me.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: mystery wires/connector   mystery wires/connector Icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 7:16 pm

OCCruiseship wrote:
Hardiron wrote:
Shot in the dark, but maybe a broken power antenna? (if by left you mean when standing in front of the car  Razz )

This sounds like it is a good probability. The only part that would make noise on the right side of the engine compartment is the antenna. If the cable is broken, it will run, and nothing will happen visually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mystery wires/connector   mystery wires/connector Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mystery wires/connector
Page 1 of 1