GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

E-brake release cable

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ray56man

E-brake release cable Empty
PostSubject: E-brake release cable   E-brake release cable Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 11:58 am

Looking for instruction on how to replace my e-brake release cable. More specifically, how do I remove it from the dash without destroying anything? My pull handle is broken, found one at a local yard, but couldn't get behind the dash to figure out how to get it loose. I looked online, searched the forum, even asked a mechanic friend, but got nowhere. I assume there's a clip of some kind. Could someone point me in the right direction, please?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: E-brake release cable   E-brake release cable Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2015 8:49 pm

There are two flanges on the backside of the dash. They are difficult to get to. You have to push both in at the same time, and it will slide out of the front. Once you get them pushed in to the point where the black plastic end of the cable will go through the dash, the cable will follow. I have removed a couple, and they are a RPITA.
Back to top Go down
ray56man

PostSubject: Re: E-brake release cable   E-brake release cable Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 1:04 am

Sounds like I will need a mirror and flashlight and a whole lot of patience. Thanks for the direction!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: E-brake release cable   E-brake release cable Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 6:55 am

The flanges are on the cable end at the dash, not the dash. You should practice on one at the junk yard before you attempt the one on your car.
Back to top Go down
ray56man

PostSubject: Re: E-brake release cable   E-brake release cable Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 1:19 pm

Good to know, and good idea. Any chance you have a pic of a cable to make it more idiot proof?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: E-brake release cable   E-brake release cable Icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2015 2:19 pm

I will try to get a pic this weekend. I need your email, because the forum does not like my pics.
Back to top Go down
ray56man

PostSubject: Re: E-brake release cable   E-brake release cable Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 4:02 pm

Sent a pm. Does mine show up on the member list? Not sure how that works...
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: E-brake release cable   E-brake release cable Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2015 8:27 pm

No PM. Check my email on my parts for sale thread in the vendor section.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E-brake release cable   E-brake release cable Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

E-brake release cable
Page 1 of 1