GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

windshield urethane to attach black bumper stips to stainless trim

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
oldfriendabb

oldfriendabb

windshield urethane to attach black bumper stips to stainless trim Empty
PostSubject: windshield urethane to attach black bumper stips to stainless trim   windshield urethane to attach black bumper stips to stainless trim Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 10:22 pm

I have found several threads recommending using this method for reattaching the black trim on the wagon. Any one have a suggestion for how long to let cure before un-taping a piece attached with it. thanks
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: windshield urethane to attach black bumper stips to stainless trim   windshield urethane to attach black bumper stips to stainless trim Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 10:41 pm

A couple of hours is usually sufficient, but I think full cure is overnight.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: windshield urethane to attach black bumper stips to stainless trim   windshield urethane to attach black bumper stips to stainless trim Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 9:01 am

Make sure you use the brush on prep. The urethane does not like to stick to bare metal.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: windshield urethane to attach black bumper stips to stainless trim   windshield urethane to attach black bumper stips to stainless trim Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 9:05 am

Fred Kiehl wrote:
Make sure you use the brush on prep. The urethane does not like to stick to bare metal.

I've never had an issue with the urethane bonding to the bare clean stainless trim, and all the trim I did back in 2002 has yet to come off
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: windshield urethane to attach black bumper stips to stainless trim   windshield urethane to attach black bumper stips to stainless trim Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 9:09 am

I like to let it set up over night before removing the tape

windshield urethane to attach black bumper stips to stainless trim 036_zpsf1ab9604
Back to top Go down
oldfriendabb

oldfriendabb

PostSubject: Re: windshield urethane to attach black bumper stips to stainless trim   windshield urethane to attach black bumper stips to stainless trim Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 11:32 pm

Just wanted to say thanks. I was able to get this done and used the urethane. Worked great. Looks great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: windshield urethane to attach black bumper stips to stainless trim   windshield urethane to attach black bumper stips to stainless trim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

windshield urethane to attach black bumper stips to stainless trim
Page 1 of 1