GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to attach windshield wipers?

Go down 
+2
Andebe
camryman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
camryman

How to attach windshield wipers? Empty
PostSubject: How to attach windshield wipers?   How to attach windshield wipers? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 12:17 am

Hey guys,

I just bought windshield wipers for my 1995 RMW. They're Bosch Clear Advantage, 22" for both fronts, 16" for the rear. The rear went in and holds through the holes, but the fronts are loose on the peg. I'm used to a J-hook style wiper, and these didn't come with any adapters. How do I secure them?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: How to attach windshield wipers?   How to attach windshield wipers? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 10:20 am

There are times when I would rather get a root canal then install new wiper blades. Some companys over complicate things. That being said,I applaud your bravery for coming on the forum and asking for help. Heres a hint,the chick,kid behind the counter at Advance Auto,Pep Boys,etc. live to help people install their blades. It gives them a chance to get out of the store. Good luck,and pray it doesnt rain until then. lol!
Back to top Go down
MG Davis

MG Davis

PostSubject: Re: How to attach windshield wipers?   How to attach windshield wipers? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 2:57 pm

Andebe wrote:
There are times when I would rather get a root canal then install new wiper blades. Some companys over complicate things. That being said,I applaud your bravery for coming on the forum and asking for help. Heres a hint,the chick,kid behind the counter at Advance Auto,Pep Boys,etc. live to help people install their blades. It gives them a chance to get out of the store. Good luck,and pray it doesnt rain until then. lol!

The problem is that they charge $15-20 per blade for them at auto parts stores.  Costco, $7.50 each for Goodyear blades.  So yeah, I need to replace mine soon.  Anyone want to throw an actual answer out there?

Last edited by MG Davis on Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: How to attach windshield wipers?   How to attach windshield wipers? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:06 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIZyw3o1F3Y or...http://www.carid.com/bosch/info/installation.html

Last edited by Andebe on Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bigredwagon

bigredwagon

PostSubject: Re: How to attach windshield wipers?   How to attach windshield wipers? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 5:07 pm

You have to press the little tab on the blade to get it to slide over the top part of the peg, not too hard or it will deform and not grab the indent in the middle of the peg.  
It loaded this pic upside down but you should get the point.  

.How to attach windshield wipers? 20160611
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: How to attach windshield wipers?   How to attach windshield wipers? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2016 7:03 pm

I managed to adapt arms from a Saturn SUV with the hook ends. Made life easier, and they seem to work better, as well as having the flip up and stay feature. Always put a piece if heavy cardboard on the glass before attempting to swap blades with a flip up and stay arm. If you bump them, they can snap back down and chip your glass.

You can put an arm in a vice the wide way, and bend it if necessary. Just leave enough room to attach the washer nozzle before or after the bend. You can use either side nozzle if the hose fits your desires. You may have to drill an indent on the back side of the arm to allow the nub on the nozzle to locate it.
Back to top Go down
4oldcars

4oldcars

PostSubject: Re: How to attach windshield wipers?   How to attach windshield wipers? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 01, 2017 3:00 pm

Mine don't seem to have the spring tab. Both come off VERY easily. They only slide onto the peg. Is the spring tab supposed to be a part of the arm or the blade. Looks like I need to replace one or the other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to attach windshield wipers?   How to attach windshield wipers? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to attach windshield wipers?
Page 1 of 1