GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WOODGRAIN HELP

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

WOODGRAIN HELP Empty
PostSubject: WOODGRAIN HELP   WOODGRAIN HELP Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:37 am

Hi guys its time to replace the wood i want somthing glossy what do you guys reccomend and pics would be great.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

WOODGRAIN HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOODGRAIN HELP   WOODGRAIN HELP Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 6:47 pm

You can go to a carwrap place and they can make anything you want. Your car body color may determine what looks best on it.

Find a long, wide piece of exotic wood that looks good with your body color, and have the carwrap place make a sheet for the side of your car.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

WOODGRAIN HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOODGRAIN HELP   WOODGRAIN HELP Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:36 am

I was going to ask the same thing. Do you know of any places that make it? I want to replicate something similar to the old Kingswood trim like this:

WOODGRAIN HELP Dscf0083
Back to top Go down

WOODGRAIN HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOODGRAIN HELP   WOODGRAIN HELP Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 5:01 pm

3 M makes wood grain in rolls about 30" wide and 20 feet long, I have used it in the past...but beware It will cost you $$ about $85 per roll.
Real easy to install just buy the 3m install kit - it comes with spray bottle , squeegee and special solution to help in the application..one hint buy more
solution and use LOTS.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

WOODGRAIN HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOODGRAIN HELP   WOODGRAIN HELP Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 5:20 pm

weasel wrote:
3 M makes wood grain in rolls about 30" wide and 20 feet long, I have used it in the past...but beware It will cost you $$ about $85 per roll.
Real easy to install just buy the 3m install kit - it comes with spray bottle , squeegee and special solution to help in the application..one hint buy more
solution and use LOTS.

Cool thanks for the info. Seems this stuff is pretty hard to find. I'll have to do some digging. But I did find a link that had some product numbers:

http://www.stationwagon.com/faq.html#q5
Back to top Go down

WOODGRAIN HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOODGRAIN HELP   WOODGRAIN HELP Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 10:18 pm

try stripeman.com
3m has a very good remover for the wood grain AND the adhesive.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

WOODGRAIN HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOODGRAIN HELP   WOODGRAIN HELP Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:12 pm

weasel wrote:
try stripeman.com
3m has a very good remover for the wood grain AND the adhesive.

Funny, after a quick google of "3M Woodgrain" that was the first place to pop up. since the rolls are 22x90", how many rolls would need to do a whole wagon, i'm thinking like 3 or 4? I dont see any 20' long rolls.
Back to top Go down

WOODGRAIN HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOODGRAIN HELP   WOODGRAIN HELP Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 5:16 am

Let me check with my old supplier on monday and see what they can do for part#s on the LARGE rolls if they still make it.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

WOODGRAIN HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOODGRAIN HELP   WOODGRAIN HELP Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:10 am

weasel wrote:
Let me check with my old supplier on monday and see what they can do for part#s on the LARGE rolls if they still make it.

That would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WOODGRAIN HELP Empty
PostSubject: Re: WOODGRAIN HELP   WOODGRAIN HELP Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WOODGRAIN HELP
Page 1 of 1