GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roadmaster Rubber trim solutions?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
harrisons13

harrisons13

Roadmaster Rubber trim solutions? Empty
PostSubject: Roadmaster Rubber trim solutions?   Roadmaster Rubber trim solutions? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 3:37 pm

Hey guys! What would be the best way to fix the infamous black rubber side trim on my wagon. About a quarter of it I still have but it's off. Should I buy chrome pieces with it on it (although that's expensive.) Or is there a cheaper solution on how to fix/ repair it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkqi6xKihlvfX82nZ3nmCHQ?view_as
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Rubber trim solutions?   Roadmaster Rubber trim solutions? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 3:42 pm

Double sided tape it back on. It'll stay a while and then fall off eventually.
Back to top Go down
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Rubber trim solutions?   Roadmaster Rubber trim solutions? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 5:34 pm

Harrison:

If you do a search on the forum you will find a lot of info about the rubber trim including suggested adhesion methods.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Rubber trim solutions?   Roadmaster Rubber trim solutions? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 5:35 pm

When I bought my 94 RMW in 2006, just about all the moldings were either missing or hanging. I bought a tube of silicon for bathrooms. I used that and then taped them with blue painters tape. They've been on for over 9 years and I couldn't budge them, if I had to.

Tom

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster Rubber trim solutions?   Roadmaster Rubber trim solutions? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roadmaster Rubber trim solutions?
Page 1 of 1