GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Odd cruise control problem.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

Odd cruise control problem. Empty
PostSubject: Odd cruise control problem.   Odd cruise control problem. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 1:57 pm

Halfway thru Virginia I developed an odd cruise control problem. When setting the cruise at 70, after a period of 5 or more minutes it starts to lose speed. The light doesn’t go out and it does not “disengage” but it just fails to keep the throttle open enough. This is different than most cruise issues where it simply does not function. Has anyone here had a similar experience and can offer some advice?

After watching the videos on YouTube my GUESS it that the circuitry in the stepper motor is bad and I will need a whole unit.

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Odd cruise control problem.   Odd cruise control problem. Icon_minitimeWed Aug 05, 2015 8:33 pm

There is a trouble shooting guide in the FSM. Without it you are shooting in the dark.
Back to top Go down
frederickflintstone

frederickflintstone

PostSubject: Re: Odd cruise control problem.   Odd cruise control problem. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2015 7:09 am

Although I have not dug out the FSM to see if they cover a diagnosis of this problem, we did drive the wagon a fair amount on Saturday and I had Zero problems with it??? odd indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Odd cruise control problem.   Odd cruise control problem. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Odd cruise control problem.
Page 1 of 1