GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Trying to get new floorpans made

Go down 
+2
Fred Kiehl
Hakuna
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Hakuna

Trying to get new floorpans made Empty
PostSubject: Trying to get new floorpans made   Trying to get new floorpans made Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 10:06 pm

Hi! I've found a company that can make custom floorpans for anything if they're given reasonable ones to use as a template. They need not be perfect.

I have a '92 Roadmaster wagon, but it's on DD status so I can't just tear the floorpan out at the moment or I'd happily do it myself.

To my knowledge, B-Body pans from '73 to '96 are INCREDIBLY similar, regardless of whether it's a wagon, sedan, or coupe. I know my wagon has a different spare tire well than the sedans did, amongst other things.

I was hoping someone would volunteer if they're in need of new sheetmetal and they have the luxury of tearing out their floorpan and waiting.

I've already talked to them, and they're interested. I asked specifically to bring pans for our cars into real production, and that's absolutely what I'm shooting for. They were referred to me by a friend from the 1st gen Toyota Celica community, as they're the only place you can get sheetmetal for those cars.

Contact them via here: http://alfaparts.net/orders.html

Check them out! They made a Gogomobil pan! They'll do anything. I think the fourth best selling automobile platform in history is a good sell.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get new floorpans made   Trying to get new floorpans made Icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 10:48 pm

Did they quote you a price?

Cutting a floor pan out is a lot more work than you might think. If you just need the bottoms of the floor for each seat, that is a lot easier. I have cut a couple of floor pans out of cars, but it is not my favorite thing to do. I usually do not get the sides, and the front is usually a compromise on amount vs. ease of removal.
Back to top Go down
Hakuna

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get new floorpans made   Trying to get new floorpans made Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 12:57 am

You've unfortunately outline all of my problems.

I need the front and sides of both front pans, and the sides of both rear pans. And a replacement wheel well. Whatever I gotta do at the end of the day I have to, but it'd be nice if our vehicles finally had brand new floorpans available. B-Bodys as far back as '73 use our floorpans, and they're not served despite being a classic community and such. And it'd serve us.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get new floorpans made   Trying to get new floorpans made Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 5:57 pm

B body floor pan from 71-76 is the same, 77-96 is same. Just for your research.

Removing what you need is much easier with a plasma cutter. I would never try to do complete pans with a sawzall or cutting tool.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get new floorpans made   Trying to get new floorpans made Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 9:20 pm

It is difficult to take your plasma cutter to the junk yard. They do not allow torches of any sort. I have done it with an angle grinder and sawzall. Results were acceptable.
Back to top Go down
buickwagon

buickwagon

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get new floorpans made   Trying to get new floorpans made Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 5:36 pm

Hey, they're in Canada. Cool.

I would so love for someone to supply replacement pans for these cars! Unfortunately, I don't have a template, but I'm rooting for you! Let us know how this all works out.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get new floorpans made   Trying to get new floorpans made Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 6:59 pm

I might be able to do it. I have extra wagons, and a full shop, and... a nice big plasma cutter. I'm also in Canada...
Back to top Go down
Hakuna

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get new floorpans made   Trying to get new floorpans made Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2015 10:45 pm

jayoldschool, that'd be cool. Even if I got pans for myself through other methods, I'd REALLY like to make production B-Body pans a reality.

Fred Kiehl, I got your PM. I'll keep in touch, I'm currently saving up for winter tires. I can't respond to a PM yet, apparently. Apparently I need to post more! Haha.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get new floorpans made   Trying to get new floorpans made Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 6:09 pm

Where are you located, and where do the pans need to go?
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get new floorpans made   Trying to get new floorpans made Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 7:39 pm

I was just thinking about this the other day, as I considered yet another B wagon that is advertised as having "some rust" lol
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get new floorpans made   Trying to get new floorpans made Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2015 11:03 am

putting in complete floor pan,.. and putting in a complete floor pan making it look good,. are two entirely different things,..

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying to get new floorpans made   Trying to get new floorpans made Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trying to get new floorpans made
Page 1 of 1