GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Winter shoes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
nstg8r

Winter shoes Empty
PostSubject: Winter shoes   Winter shoes Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 5:25 pm

So I cleaned up the wagon and put the winter wheels on with some snow tires.  Thought you guys would like to see.
Winter shoes GKHUW9r
Also, these wagons with winter tires in the snow are more fun than anyone should be allowed to have.
Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

Winter shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter shoes   Winter shoes Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2015 10:32 pm

Haven't experienced snow tires on a wagon yet, all seasons tho did just great. What did you get? I got Winterforces on my 9C1 and I am itching to try them out, been a fairly warm winter so far.
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

Winter shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter shoes   Winter shoes Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 9:49 am

Why did you go with such a wide winter tire?
The 225/75/15's were the best size snow tire I could find. They were skinny and cut right down to the pavement. That RMW could easily go in 2wd where my friends couldn't dream of going with their 1/2 ton trucks in 2wd!

I miss my winter beater, but won't put my Caprice in the salt!
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

Winter shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter shoes   Winter shoes Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 9:58 am

I always ran either four Blizzaks or Winterforce 235/70/15 on my Caprice and Roadmaster wagons. Never got stuck, even on unplowed roads in the White Mtns in NH. The new Caprice doesn't have them, as it will hibernate during winters.
Back to top Go down
nstg8r

Winter shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter shoes   Winter shoes Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 10:00 am

I forgot which tires I got, I'll look next time I go outside.

They are actually oem size tires, not sure why they look so wide in that picture. I've passed quite a few fwd and awd cars that have been spinning their tires on the snow/ice. The "all seasons" tires that I had on it before (impala wheels) were ok in the snow but the snow tires are amazing.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

Winter shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter shoes   Winter shoes Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2015 10:39 am

Good to know they do well in the snow,Ive been too chicken to find out. I was afraid they would fish tail.
Back to top Go down
nstg8r

Winter shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter shoes   Winter shoes Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 11:19 am

They are Cooper Winter Masters, not cheap but also not the most expensive.
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

Winter shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter shoes   Winter shoes Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 2:06 pm

My 96 RMW was an absolute ANIMAL in the snow.
I took an threw the 3rd seat footwell full of chain and that was probably 300Lbs and it was nearly unstoppable in the snow.
One snow covered roads you could blast past 4x4 trucks with ease because todays 1/2 ton trucks all come with big wide tires on them and no weight in the back.

Hands down the best snow car I ever drove. I really miss it, but I don't miss the rust! lol
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

Winter shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter shoes   Winter shoes Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2015 4:36 pm

Fred (Ruphraxe) actually had a Roadmaster wagon fitted with a snowplow at his lot in Waterloo at one time.  With 4 snow tires of the proper size, they will break trail for most other vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Winter shoes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Winter shoes   Winter shoes Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Winter shoes
Page 1 of 1