GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

DeVille Console/Seat

Go down 
+2
Andebe
stewzer55
6 posters
AuthorMessage
stewzer55

stewzer55

DeVille Console/Seat Empty
PostSubject: DeVille Console/Seat   DeVille Console/Seat Icon_minitimeSat Jan 02, 2016 9:34 pm

There are some ideas that GM has that never really seem to get the attention they really deserve. When GM introduced the GMT800 trucks in 1999 the bench seats were actually a clever 40-20-40 design and the middle seat doubled as a center console. This feature was also used in GM cars, like the 00-05 Devilles, and the 98-05 Park Avenues.

I name the DeVille specifically because I think, much like the 99-06 GMT design, has the best cupholder placement, low by the knee, out of the way but close. I'm thinking about doing this swap in my wagon because it seems to be the best compromise between keeping a split bench style seat and gaining cupholders in where I feel is the best place for them. Lincoln Town Cars used a similar arrangement too. I know a lot of you will recommend a Fleetwood armrest, but I like the lower cupholders better.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: DeVille Console/Seat   DeVille Console/Seat Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 12:52 pm

This set up? DeVille Console/Seat 8564019_5
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: DeVille Console/Seat   DeVille Console/Seat Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 12:55 pm

Shown open...DeVille Console/Seat Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiG2-bp5WFKwV9Bb33ah1HlW0Y4LLjQejorupiXXP6pT_eZ92O
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: DeVille Console/Seat   DeVille Console/Seat Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 9:22 pm

Yes, that setup. I guess the pics really help, it was late and I was tired lol.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: DeVille Console/Seat   DeVille Console/Seat Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 9:27 pm

Believe that design premiered in the 67-72 Blazer... google "blazer buddy bucket". GM uses ideas for a longgggg time... ;-)

Back to top Go down
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: DeVille Console/Seat   DeVille Console/Seat Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 9:29 pm

I have Bonneville 60/40 split bench in my 9C1, has a fold down armrest with flip out cupholders. Pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: DeVille Console/Seat   DeVille Console/Seat Icon_minitimeSun Jan 03, 2016 9:49 pm

I'm thinking about a swap like this in my wagon, keeping the "advantages" of the bench seat and giving me my preferred cupholder location. I'm young and single, bench seats are nice.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: DeVille Console/Seat   DeVille Console/Seat Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 10:55 am

jayoldschool wrote:
Believe that design premiered in the 67-72 Blazer... google "blazer buddy bucket".  GM uses ideas for a longgggg time... ;-)

DeVille Console/Seat IMG_6989
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: DeVille Console/Seat   DeVille Console/Seat Icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 11:44 am

Stew, that looks like it would be a nice swap. The seats look about the right size, and I agree that the cup holder set up is ideal. It looks a little deeper than the cup holders we have now. Plus, there are a bunch of those Deville's left in the junk yards. Converting the Deville rear seat to match would make it even cooler.
Back to top Go down
stewzer55

stewzer55

PostSubject: Re: DeVille Console/Seat   DeVille Console/Seat Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 12:12 am

To find a Deville with the heated and cooled seats and getting them to work would be ideal. I drove a Deville DTS that had the massaging driver's seat, it was pretty nice.
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: DeVille Console/Seat   DeVille Console/Seat Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 8:43 am

My dad just sold a 04 Deville DTS! I'll be the first to say the seats in his were rock hard (even when new) and not overly comfortable. The standard DHS seats were probably softer and more plush, but the DTS was performance oriented so stiff suspension and dam firm seats that were pretty flat and not contoured to your back at all. His were heated and cooled and car had heated steering wheel!

Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: DeVille Console/Seat   DeVille Console/Seat Icon_minitimeWed Jan 06, 2016 9:20 am

How do cooled seats work? Where does the cool air come from? I've certainly heard of the option, but I've never been in a car that has them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DeVille Console/Seat   DeVille Console/Seat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DeVille Console/Seat
Page 1 of 1