GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

don't be calling my car aboat

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
papa

don't be calling my car aboat Empty
PostSubject: don't be calling my car aboat   don't be calling my car aboat Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 8:18 am

Some have said something about the "boat" I'm driving. I will show them this and say no , this is a boat...
don't be calling my car aboat 0206161246_zpsxzkom6xy
This "thing" is a Chevy LUV truck cab and a boat on a VW pan. No it don't belong to me!
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

PostSubject: Re: don't be calling my car aboat   don't be calling my car aboat Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 1:48 pm

Is it just the body as pictured above or does that thing actually have an engine and everything in it?
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: don't be calling my car aboat   don't be calling my car aboat Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 4:56 pm

What happens when you open the doors? I have my suspicions that it goes Titanic without the iceberg.
Back to top Go down
papa

PostSubject: Re: don't be calling my car aboat   don't be calling my car aboat Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 7:19 am

The builder has passed away and the project is now in a local junkyard. He was well known locally for building things like this. It's unclear whether he intended for this to actually float or was to be land locked. It had a Porsche engine , which disappeared pretty quickly when it hit the junkyard.
Back to top Go down
TheRoadmasterKing

PostSubject: Re: don't be calling my car aboat   don't be calling my car aboat Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 8:26 am

papa wrote:
The builder has passed away and the project is now in a local junkyard. He was well known locally for building things like this. It's unclear whether he intended for this to actually float or was to be land locked. It had a Porsche engine , which disappeared pretty quickly when it hit the junkyard.
Wow, nice! Do you know what kind of Porsche engine, though?
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: don't be calling my car aboat   don't be calling my car aboat Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 12:30 pm

Just because something can be done,doesnt mean it should be done...
Back to top Go down
papa

PostSubject: Re: don't be calling my car aboat   don't be calling my car aboat Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 12:53 pm

The engine came from a 914 I think. This same guy drove a Morris Minor pickup with a small block Chevy engine. At one time he drove a mid 70s Chevy van with a small block relocated to mid engine and a Briggs and Stratton 8HP engine where the engine was originally. He loved to park it with the hood open knowing people went away thinking the van was powered by the B&S. He converted several Vehicles to propane over the years. His homebuilt helicopter would be a topic for another forum I suppose. Quite a character.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: don't be calling my car aboat   don't be calling my car aboat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

don't be calling my car aboat
Page 1 of 1