GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Custom center console

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
6spdwagn

Custom center console Empty
PostSubject: Custom center console   Custom center console Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 2:18 pm

As much as I liked the extra space I got from no center console I've finally had enough of not having an arm rest.

This is how my front seats looked.  Put in Bonneville seats when I did the T56 swap.
Custom center console 26183710182_c76b8fdbde_z

This one shows the location of the shifter better, I have a small boot on it now and an ashtray gauge pod. This setup limits some of the other center consoles I could easily use.

[/url]Custom center console 5031207428_c520bae5aa_z

Consoles from the Impalas were too much for me.  So I started looking for one that would fit and not break the bank.  My brother said why not use an ammo can, he showed me a few examples from some truck forums.  I looked around online and found one that was the perfect size. I ordered a 40mm surplus ammo can and test fit it.  Its the perfect size.  After playing with different positions this is how it looks now.

Custom center console 26489448155_bfb8f37e91_z

It fits tight enough that I was able to test it without screwing it down.  My next step is to make an arm rest on the top of it.  My plan is to make a base out of wood then put on some padding and the cover will be cut from a leather coat I got at the thrift store.  Then screw it into place on the floor.

Eventually I might make some modifications to the can to put a hinge on the back and have a console I can easily open. Right now you have to unlatch both sides and lift the top off.
Back to top Go down
Dropkick_Eddie

Dropkick_Eddie

PostSubject: Re: Custom center console   Custom center console Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 2:33 pm

Looks good! Man, I want a 6 speed soo bad! Razz
Back to top Go down
MG Davis

MG Davis

PostSubject: Re: Custom center console   Custom center console Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 4:09 pm

Dropkick_Eddie wrote:
Looks good!  Man, I want a 6 speed soo bad! Razz

^ what he said.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Custom center console   Custom center console Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2016 5:31 pm

The Bravada/S-10 set up wouldnt work for you? Shifter placement?
Back to top Go down
occ6.6

PostSubject: Re: Custom center console   Custom center console Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2016 8:28 am

I have a96 ss console i'd like to sell if you're interested
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom center console   Custom center console Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom center console
Page 1 of 1