GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Shipping prices WTF?!...

Go down 
+2
dmg4
AzDon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
AzDon

AzDon

Shipping prices WTF?!... Empty
PostSubject: Shipping prices WTF?!...   Shipping prices WTF?!... Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 7:17 pm

I just got quotes from Fedex and UPS to ship a bumper cover to Iowa......I'm baffled that these two companies see any possibility that I'd spend $200 to ship this item....
I've had lots of LMC stuff that was big shipped to me and the shipping was never anywhere near this expensive.....I guess that my location makes selling any of my stuff unfeasible because of shipping cost.....
I also have placed a request for bids on uship.....
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: Shipping prices WTF?!...   Shipping prices WTF?!... Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 8:53 pm

Have you looked into Greyhound?  Shipping on a C-pillar cover that I purchased (nearly as bulky as a bumper cover) was about half the rate quoted by FedEx and UPS.
Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: Shipping prices WTF?!...   Shipping prices WTF?!... Icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2016 11:11 pm

Shipping charged nearly doubled a couple years ago. I used to ship ATV parts and after that it made it nearly impossible to come out.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Shipping prices WTF?!...   Shipping prices WTF?!... Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 9:15 am

I see folks looking for parts which i have readily available,.,. but from canada to usa shipping has become ridiculously expensive too
Back to top Go down
AzDon

AzDon

PostSubject: Re: Shipping prices WTF?!...   Shipping prices WTF?!... Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 12:34 pm

dmg4 wrote:
Have you looked into Greyhound?  Shipping on a C-pillar cover that I purchased (nearly as bulky as a bumper cover) was about half the rate quoted by FedEx and UPS.

This town is so remote, that Greyhound doesn't come here (seriously) but I'm sometimes in PHX or LVN..... I'll hafta check into this....
Back to top Go down
http://v-driveboat.com
MalibuSSwagon

PostSubject: Re: Shipping prices WTF?!...   Shipping prices WTF?!... Icon_minitimeSat May 21, 2016 10:45 pm

How about a Fastenal? I was told they will ship oversize items cheap from store to store.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Shipping prices WTF?!...   Shipping prices WTF?!... Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 2:47 pm

Shipping FEDEX to a business address is about 20% cheaper than to a residence. Greyhound is really the way to go if you can pick it up at the depot. I shipped two seats together for under $130. The break point for cost is 66 inches. If you go over 66 inches, the price goes up about 40%. I have "bent" a bumper cover so that it is under 66 inches and shipped it for about $70. You do have to wrap it in shrink wrap, and tape any sharp edges. FEDEX requires you to box the item.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Shipping prices WTF?!...   Shipping prices WTF?!... Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 5:02 pm

good idea fred,. i forgot that my stillen front bumper cover came folded in half,. 10 minutes with a heat gun while installing it and it returned to original shape,.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Shipping prices WTF?!...   Shipping prices WTF?!... Icon_minitimeSun May 22, 2016 6:45 pm

I do not suggest bending the covers in half, because the trim can be damaged, but you can get it under the 66 inch threshold with a little pressure from the shrink wrap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shipping prices WTF?!...   Shipping prices WTF?!... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shipping prices WTF?!...
Page 1 of 1