GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Were to get a Porter cable orbital polisher?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
200OZ
200OZ

Were to get a Porter cable orbital polisher? Empty
PostSubject: Were to get a Porter cable orbital polisher?   Were to get a Porter cable orbital polisher? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 6:54 pm

I'm looking for an orbital polisher like the title says. I would also like all the pads and sauces that are used with it.
Anyone have a part #'s, best place to buy it from?
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Were to get a Porter cable orbital polisher?   Were to get a Porter cable orbital polisher? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:18 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Best Prices   Were to get a Porter cable orbital polisher? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 8:29 pm

Go to www.tools-plus.com and get your PC7424XP for $115.00 which is what I paid for mine last winter.
I spent a week scouring the tool and auto sites and these guys have the best prices on the 7424 and
the Lake Country Kompressor pads that I like a lot.Buy the Lake Country backing pad instead of the Porter
Cable.They always charge $4.50 for S&H no matter how little or how much you buy.
The 7424XP comes with a very nice polishing pad and I bought 5 more at 3.99 each which is dirt cheap
for a quality pad.
Everybody have their own preferences when it comes to polishes and waxes but I like Meguiars and you
cant beat their service and helpful videos.
After buying their 105/205 polishes online I have found that you can buy the stuff locally on sale for about
the same money after you add S&H.
Advance,AutoZone and Pep boys all carry a wide variety so have fun and be very careful with your PC as
you can do damage to your paint first time using any powertool.
Have Fun
Jim aka Flasheroo
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Were to get a Porter cable orbital polisher?   Were to get a Porter cable orbital polisher? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 3:03 pm

I ended up buying a complete setup from autogeek as Jay suggested. Thanks for the replays Jim and Jay. And sorry Jay, I only bought 1. Wink

I'm going to go try it out right now.

Mike
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Were to get a Porter cable orbital polisher?   Were to get a Porter cable orbital polisher? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 5:18 pm

Let me know how it turns out, then when do you want to come over for dinner?
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Were to get a Porter cable orbital polisher?   Were to get a Porter cable orbital polisher? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 5:59 pm

I got mine off Amazon.com. Love it!! Good luck with the new toy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Were to get a Porter cable orbital polisher?   Were to get a Porter cable orbital polisher? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 10:38 pm

Had a change of plans.... Life had other ideas, so I didn't get to use the new toy, oh well, maybe tomorrow.

Flasheroo wrote:
Advance,AutoZone and Pep boys all carry a wide variety so have fun and be very careful with your PC as
you can do damage to your paint first time using any powertool.
Have Fun
Jim aka Flasheroo

Jim, Junkman says the only way to screw up you paint with a PC is to use the wrong end against the car. Check him out, he's a trip.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XAqpOe9Zt4&feature=related

Joel, Syracuse is kinda far to go for just dinner. Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Were to get a Porter cable orbital polisher?   Were to get a Porter cable orbital polisher? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 11:38 pm

That guy is on the Caddy forums I think. Knows a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Were to get a Porter cable orbital polisher?   Were to get a Porter cable orbital polisher? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Were to get a Porter cable orbital polisher?
Page 1 of 1