GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Back with a Wagon

Go down 
+7
94Woody
toomanytoyz
DBeaSSt
Wagon Collector
Cadet57
lornejay1
bigoldv8
11 posters
AuthorMessage
bigoldv8

Back with a Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Back with a Wagon   Back with a Wagon Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 5:09 pm

I've been lurking around & posting occasionally but it's been 2 years since I owned a late model B-body. (Still have my 66 Catalina, which IS a b-body!)

Anyway, my last wagon came home today. It's a 95 DGGM Caprice that I did a ton of work to 2 years ago and then in a bit of craziness I let it go. Fortunately I sold it to a forum member (ArlingtonSS) who gave it a great home! As some of you know I was seeking a 95/96 DGGM wagon pretty hard, and as I was starting to get discouraged, he popped up and offered it back to me. Needless to say I jumped at the chance to have it back.

Back with a Wagon 4686422526_69a4fc5198_b
Back with a Wagon 4685790639_1d4fb83e35_b
Back with a Wagon 4686422594_621cf518d2_b
Back with a Wagon 4686422650_e431264e26_b
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

Back with a Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back with a Wagon   Back with a Wagon Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 5:59 pm

Thats a great feeling I am sure. I often wish I had a couple of cars back that I sold.

Didn't Arlington have vette wheels on this car?

I see daedman has his DGGM for sale too.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Back with a Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back with a Wagon   Back with a Wagon Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 6:13 pm

VERY nice wagon.
Back to top Go down
bigoldv8

Back with a Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back with a Wagon   Back with a Wagon Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 6:20 pm

Yep he had C5 wheels. I sold it to him with steelies and he sold it back to me with steelies. When we did the deal before I had "sold" these wheels to a local guy but he never paid, so they just sat on the shelf, fortunately for me! Back on the wagon they go!
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

Back with a Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back with a Wagon   Back with a Wagon Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 7:25 pm

Great news! I always liked that car. Now bring it to Wagon Fest! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Back with a Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back with a Wagon   Back with a Wagon Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 8:35 pm

Welcome back! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Back with a Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back with a Wagon   Back with a Wagon Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 8:35 pm

Righteous! Very Happy

Glad to have ya back in the game... IN YOUR OLD CAR, no less!!! HA! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bigoldv8

Back with a Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back with a Wagon   Back with a Wagon Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 8:51 pm

Thanks fellas...

I probably won't be at the fest this year - no vacation days left - but hopefully in 2011, assuming there is one somewhere relatively close. We shall see!
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Back with a Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back with a Wagon   Back with a Wagon Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 9:04 pm

Cool man, congrats.

I would like to see that console setup in person some time. Wanting to put one on mine would be nice to see how they look.
Back to top Go down
ArlingtonSS

Back with a Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back with a Wagon   Back with a Wagon Icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:08 pm

Hey Mike, I am glad to see that the wagon made it back to Kentucky with no problems and I am thrilled that it is back in your hands! It truly is a very nice car and I know that you will spend the time to make it even better.

This wagon was a great toy to have for me and it was a tough decision to sell it. I came to the realization recently that I do not have time to spend on all the projects that I had planned for the wagon and the shelves full of parts have been in my garage for 2 or more years gathering dust. With 4 kids, my wife and I have made the decision to spend our free time with the kids either coaching/leading Scouts/volunteering at school, etc., which left me no time to spend with another toy/project. Along with this, our oldest son will be starting college in the fall and it did not make sense to have another vehicle on the insurance policy that I seldom drove. I also was getting tired of the neighbors asking if I had started a used car lot with the wagon and several other vehicles sitting around. The responsible side of me won out for the reasons above, and I know that I will be kicking myself at some point in the near future. Selling the the wagon back to bigoldV8 made the decision much easier for me....it felt like it was going back to a family member....which in a way it did.

I really enjoyed the time that I owned the wagon and the time that I spent on the forum learning from and sharing with a great bunch of guys that have a passion for wagons. I will continue to lurk as time allows and I expect that I will get "back in the game" with another wagon in a few years.

Thanks again Mike for making this a smooth transaction. Keep us posted on your progress!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

Back with a Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back with a Wagon   Back with a Wagon Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 12:25 pm

Well, you know I am COMPLETELY EXCITED for you!! I remember all the laughs we had while working on this wagon. (and I really needed that with everything crashing down around me then) Can't wait to work on it with you again too Wink

Back with a Wagon Ist2_114053-memory-lane

Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
lugnutz

lugnutz

Back with a Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back with a Wagon   Back with a Wagon Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 2:43 pm

nice wagon
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Back with a Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back with a Wagon   Back with a Wagon Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:23 pm

Very cool to have your baby back I'm sure. As Lorne said, I regret a few I sold over the years, but always seemed like the right choice at the time.

I can identify with Arlington and where he's at. I look around my used car lot and know I need to lose at least one of them....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Back with a Wagon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back with a Wagon   Back with a Wagon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back with a Wagon
Page 1 of 1