GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Back in the game! Got a wagon :)

Go down 
+6
1993 Roady-man
DBeaSSt
Acme Racer
toomanytoyz
94Woody
brokecello
10 posters
AuthorMessage
brokecello
brokecello

Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Empty
PostSubject: Back in the game! Got a wagon :)   Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 6:42 pm

Gotta thank Mike (DBeaSSt) for finding this little gem for me. It was another member's wagon that was kinda tossed and forgotten about for over 2 years.

My wife and I headed down for a quick trip to his farm yesterday to check this wagon out.

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/pictures-signature-testing-f11/a-trip-to-mike-s-wagon-farmdialup-beware-t400.htm

It may not look like a creme puff....but I am very excited about this project Smile It is a '96 RMW with cloth red Limited interior (which is totally MINT).

I won't be able to take it to WagonFest this year...but will be driving it home from Mikes on the way home from the 'Fest Wink

You can not beat the wagon community....you guys have all been great since I have been back. Thank you again Mike!!

Here is the newest Wagon project (drum roll) lol I know it is no head turner...but I have plans! Very Happy

Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Www3

Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Www4-1

And the best mod the past owner did.....shake those hips baby!

Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) IMG_6812
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Back in the game! Got a wagon :)   Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:00 pm

Sweet, glad you got it. Nice to see another neglected wagon being returned to life.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Back in the game! Got a wagon :)   Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:23 pm

So who'd it usedta belong to?

We missed ya. Welcome back. Smile

Good luck with your AWW. Wink
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Back in the game! Got a wagon :)   Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:33 pm

Thanks Billy! Smile Yes this wagon was left for dead for over 2 years in a parking lot. Dang..

Crovo, Mike will have to tell us as I did not know the name (you might though)

I thought of you when I saw this wagon.....ohh....cloth Limited seats and such a pretty color Wink Didn't you put a set in the DCM wagon you had?

Chris

ps. Updates on your WB4???? I know I gotta call you one of these days...
Back to top Go down
Acme Racer

Acme Racer

Location : Wandering aimlessly about Daytona Beach, FL, or in the Hospital

PostSubject: Re: Back in the game! Got a wagon :)   Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:34 pm

CONGRATS on the new arrival!! cheers Did ya trade your "red roadmaster wagon" in on it? Very Happy I cant wait to see what you will do with your new "baby"!

Larry
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Back in the game! Got a wagon :)   Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 7:49 pm

Wow, just couldn't wait Chris could ya? Guess I'll actually have to sell it to ya know. lol!

The wagon belonged to a WAIL member, Chris (hey I just noticed that!) Not sure I should go around posting last names and such on a public forum though. Wink

The more I look over this wagon, and with Chris scouring every inch of it, this really does appear to be a diamond in the rough. I'm looking forward to it's progress! Knowing Chris, it'll be quite a looker in a fairly short period of time!

And I finally get a Class III wagon hitch! Wohoo!

EDIT: I'm still just so impressed that after 2+ years of sitting, she just runs so well with very little work!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Back in the game! Got a wagon :)   Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:08 pm

DBeaSSt wrote:
Wow, just couldn't wait Chris could ya? Guess I'll actually have to sell it to ya know. lol!

EDIT: I'm still just so impressed that after 2+ years of sitting, she just runs so well with very little work!

Yes...I was itching to post up since 10am this morning. LOL!!! I was starting to think you wised up and decided to keep it. No I have to say it really purrs too....the miles do not line up with the interior or engine feel on this wagon. The interior is in the BEST shape out of any of the other stock wagons I have ever bought. Man I can't wait to get it down to SC!!! Cool
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Back in the game! Got a wagon :)   Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 1:51 am

Looks good any pix's of the interior?
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Back in the game! Got a wagon :)   Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:41 am

So this is the wagon being loaded onto a rollback in a post at ISSF?
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Back in the game! Got a wagon :)   Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 9:47 am

Billy, this is not the wagon from the ISSF rollback post...same kinda story though!!

1993 Roady-man wrote:
Looks good any pix's of the interior?

I don't have many yet..I was only at Mike's for 1.5 hours before I had to head back. So the interior is still dusty with cobwebs in it. Once I clean/detail it I will take some real good pics Smile It had 16 floor mats in it...and thick piece of carpet over the cargo area carpet. No one has removed the factory plastic from the 3rd seat footwell too. And (best of all) the past two owners were likely not hevy folk (lol) The drivers seat is still very tight!! sunny (until my butt wears it out now)

Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) IMG_6810

Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) IMG_6813
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: Back in the game! Got a wagon :)   Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:35 am

Congrats!!!
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: Back in the game! Got a wagon :)   Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:50 am

Excellent score, Chris!

Limited red cloth on a white woody. Is that rare? I sure can't remember seeing that combo.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Back in the game! Got a wagon :)   Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 2:20 pm

Wagon Collector wrote:
Excellent score, Chris!

Limited red cloth on a white woody. Is that rare? I sure can't remember seeing that combo.

I chatted with Fred a bit after I picked it up. He said the only white Roady with red Limited cloth he's seen was his old WB4 creampuff. So apparently this particular combo is unusual. Too bad GM didn't keep records on such things.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Back in the game! Got a wagon :)   Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 5:29 pm

Sounds like a very good find indeed.
Back to top Go down
bigoldv8

PostSubject: so it's come to this...   Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:00 pm

Congrats on the purchase Chris! I'll bring the british guy and the HUSSHHHMATTT stuff we bought at lowes. LOL.

One of these days, after I get my garage insulated and climate controlled, I hope to end up back in this club as an owner... but I keep thinking I might get an SS. I dunno.. I don't think I could manage the roof envy if I did that. Smile
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Back in the game! Got a wagon :)   Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:29 pm

Please Mike....you know you want another B-body wagon. Just wait until I bring mine up to Louisville for some "funtime". You will be so jealous...
Back to top Go down
bigoldv8

PostSubject: Re: Back in the game! Got a wagon :)   Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 12:48 pm

Yeeeahhh... I will be in some ways, but I'll have a nice climate controlled place to work in though!! afro

You know I'm a woodless Caprice guy anyway... but I appreciate all the nice wagons in the world.

Anybody see the "Hemmings Classic Car" this month? There's an article about the last real big wagons made in 76 and an awesome Vista Cruiser is featured.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: Back in the game! Got a wagon :)   Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 4:53 pm

bigoldv8 wrote:
... but I keep thinking I might get an SS. I dunno.. I don't think I could manage the roof envy if I did that. Smile

Want mine, Mike? Wink
Back to top Go down
bigoldv8

PostSubject: Re: Back in the game! Got a wagon :)   Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 5:03 pm

Hehe.... I got some time to wait before I get another one Bill... and I'd have to have a pretty stock DGGM one if I was going for an SS.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Back in the game! Got a wagon :)   Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:04 pm

bigoldv8 wrote:
Hehe.... I got some time to wait before I get another one Bill... and I'd have to have a pretty stock DGGM one if I was going for an SS.

DGGM? But haven't you heard? That's the slow color. Razz
Back to top Go down
bigoldv8

PostSubject: Re: Back in the game! Got a wagon :)   Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 23, 2009 9:48 pm

lol! yeah they came without the cop chip so I'll have to track one down.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Back in the game! Got a wagon :)   Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 24, 2009 3:54 am

Bill, as I've said before, your DCM SS for my MAB RMW 1:1 clown
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Back in the game! Got a wagon :)   Back in the game!  Got a wagon :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Back in the game! Got a wagon :)
Page 1 of 1