GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Uh-oh. Least they were at fault.

Go down 
+6
Andebe
Rev Bob
phantom 309
Fred Kiehl
silverfox103
MG Davis
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mark 96 Roady

Uh-oh.  Least they were at fault. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Uh-oh. Least they were at fault.   Uh-oh.  Least they were at fault. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2016 10:16 pm

MG Davis wrote:
There is a concussion and lengthy treatment involved.  But feel free to continue telling me how much more you know about my situation than I.
Like I said, I'm not trying to start a fight. It's just not that tough to deal with an adjuster. Take my own story, as an example. I was working my first "real" job out of college in sales (not in any way involved with insurance at that time). Same situation as you-I was sitting waiting to make a left and a guy never even touched his brakes and plowed into me in a new Mustang. His car was destroyed, and my 76 Cutlass was damaged a little more than your wagon. Next day I couldn't even lift my head out of bed without being in horrible pain. Later that day I got the first call from the adjuster. It was a young woman who was very friendly. I told her of my injury, and she said to go to my doctor. I underwent several weeks of physical therapy until I felt better. Once the therapy was done she made me a very low ball offer for my "pain and suffering". I was maybe 22-23 at the time. I declined, and made a counter offer. She said she had to speak with her boss, and would call me back. We did this once or twice if I remember correctly, and settled on a number, which was $5000, a **** load of money in the early 80's for a kid not making much money. It was just like haggling for a car-offer, counter offer. Once we settled on the price I went to her office the next day and got the check. That check let me move out of my parent's house and get my first post college apartment. It just isn't that complicated. Since you have retained an attorney, don't let him/her drag this out. Once you are done treating for what ever your injury is, demand that they get it done. Best of luck to you, and to anyone else who reads this and finds themselves in a similar situation.
Back to top Go down

Uh-oh. Least they were at fault.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2