GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Should I be using these wheels on my RMW?

Go down 
+2
94X2
Cletus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Cletus

Cletus

Should I be using these wheels on my RMW? Empty
PostSubject: Should I be using these wheels on my RMW?   Should I be using these wheels on my RMW? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 3:09 pm

Ive got a set of nice condition Buick Rallys, I believe from a 73 LeSabre. They have 'E 15x6 JJ 16 8 95 M4' stamped on them.
Should I use these on the wagon? I need tires bad. What tires would you recommend? I was looking at something like BFGoodrich Radial TAs. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://vulturesawait.com
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: Should I be using these wheels on my RMW?   Should I be using these wheels on my RMW? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 5:29 pm

No. You should immediately box them up and ship them to me. Just kidding lol! I'm sure there are people that know more about it than me but if they're from a LeSabre they should fit. Your post does bring up another question, though. I thought the rmw's had 15x7 rims so what size tire would work on a 15x6 on one? I think they look great on these cars. I'm looking for a set myself (as soon as I'm employed again) Go for it.

Jon
Back to top Go down
Cletus

Cletus

PostSubject: Re: Should I be using these wheels on my RMW?   Should I be using these wheels on my RMW? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 6:05 pm

Thanks Jon,
That's what I was wondering. Too bad they arent 7" but Id like to make them work. Any thoughts on tires? I guess I will find out at the tire shop!
cheers
Clete
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Should I be using these wheels on my RMW?   Should I be using these wheels on my RMW? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 7:22 pm

225 75 15s
Back to top Go down
lugnutz

lugnutz

PostSubject: Re: Should I be using these wheels on my RMW?   Should I be using these wheels on my RMW? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:38 pm

pics
Back to top Go down
Cletus

Cletus

PostSubject: Re: Should I be using these wheels on my RMW?   Should I be using these wheels on my RMW? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 1:55 pm

They look like these:
Should I be using these wheels on my RMW? Forsale002
Ill take some pics after they are mounted today. Im goin with em.
Back to top Go down
lugnutz

lugnutz

PostSubject: Re: Should I be using these wheels on my RMW?   Should I be using these wheels on my RMW? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 2:11 pm

sweet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should I be using these wheels on my RMW?   Should I be using these wheels on my RMW? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 4:47 pm

Sick. I like the Buick ralllys.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Should I be using these wheels on my RMW?   Should I be using these wheels on my RMW? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 8:06 pm

If you don't run them I want them!!!!! 5x5 Rallys are hard to come by and look really nice.
Pat has a set on his Buick
Back to top Go down
Cletus

Cletus

PostSubject: Re: Should I be using these wheels on my RMW?   Should I be using these wheels on my RMW? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 12:33 am

Well Im pretty happy with how they look and feel. Huge improvement over the cracked and dry 10 year old rubber it had on (which one of decided to blow out on the hottest day yet clear into the 90s, just as I exited hwy101 on my way to my Aunt's 90th birthday party and not dressed to be fighting with a tire on the 2 foot shoulder)....oh did I mention the spare tire that was in the car was not original and I did not find this out until I finally managed to get it wedged out from the spare tire compartment and...well...wrong bolt pattern. hehe Shocked Okay enough of that,
Here are a few pics I caught just before sundown.
These are Cooper Cobra radial GTs 235/70r15 on 15x6

Should I be using these wheels on my RMW? HPIM0526
Should I be using these wheels on my RMW? HPIM0527
Should I be using these wheels on my RMW? HPIM0529

Feels like a new car, I love it!
can't wait to get shocks (and bigger mirrors)
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: Should I be using these wheels on my RMW?   Should I be using these wheels on my RMW? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:46 am

Looks awesome!! Now I want a set even more.

Jon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Should I be using these wheels on my RMW?   Should I be using these wheels on my RMW? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 5:32 pm

Really looks great! I have a 79 Buick Limited with those wheels and I almost put them on my 96 wagon. They were my 2nd choice after the Impalas. You sure have a lot more and cheaper tire choices with those, and I love the chrome.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Should I be using these wheels on my RMW?   Should I be using these wheels on my RMW? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:59 pm

Too wide, and needs whitewalls.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should I be using these wheels on my RMW?   Should I be using these wheels on my RMW? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should I be using these wheels on my RMW?
Page 1 of 1