GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Custom Cruiser Love....

Go down 
+8
BigBlackBeaSSt
brokecello
Bewber
DBeaSSt
phantom 309
Cadet57
200OZ
oldscruiser
12 posters
AuthorMessage
oldscruiser

oldscruiser

Custom Cruiser Love.... Empty
PostSubject: Custom Cruiser Love....   Custom Cruiser Love.... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 9:13 pm

Hello All,

just wanted to say hi to the folks here in the GMLR Forums.
Recognize a few other posters from other forums.

Cheers,

AJ

Custom Cruiser Love.... 3595710091_large
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Love....   Custom Cruiser Love.... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 9:47 pm

Nice OCC, that is the perfect hood for the Olds.

Mike
Back to top Go down
oldscruiser

oldscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Love....   Custom Cruiser Love.... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 10:03 pm

Thanks for the shout out Mike.
Yeah, I liked the look also. The intake vents over the grill, I thought,
Kind of gave it that retro olds W30/ hurst look.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Wherebouts in VA   Custom Cruiser Love.... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:16 pm

Thats a good looking OCC and the hood is perfect with the white paint.I have a cherry 91 OCC and live down in Yorktown VA.
AJ wherebouts in central VA are you living?You are gonna love this group always guick to help and even quicker to crack a joke.
I am getting ready to turn 69000 miles so its not a low mileage car anymore but I still think these are the best looking wagons
ever built by anybody anywhere!
Lets try to plan a cookout up on the Blue Ridge for those within a couple of hours drive.On second thought maybe the Blue Ridge
isnt such a great idea considering the way these cars go around corners and up real steep hills.
OK here come the LT-1 superiority jokes,but we get better mileage and are much cheaper to maintain so take that!
Take Care All and Hug Your Parents and Tell Them You Love Them!
Flasheroo
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Love....   Custom Cruiser Love.... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 pm

200OZ wrote:
Nice OCC, that is the perfect hood for the Olds.

Mike

I'd never put a scooped hood on my wagons (Car has to stay stock to me). But that one looks perfect with the Olds grill.
Back to top Go down
oldscruiser

oldscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Love....   Custom Cruiser Love.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:44 am

@ Flasheroo : Hey thanks Flasheroo! Any relationship to Stingeroo?
I'm in the Spotsylvania area, between Richmond & D.C.
Whoa! 69,000 miles! Not a low mileage? For a 20 year old car, that is very low mileage. That's sweet! My original 5.7L 350 wound up with just a little over 300,000 miles before it gave out, and I replaced it with a modified 313hp 5.7L TBI 4-bolt main GM Torque Daddy, with 313hp/387ft/lb torque, with a high flow TBI intake kit + ECM PROM consisting of bored throttle body, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, performance intake manifold, and custom programmed PROM with the engine painted in traditional Oldsmobile Gold color scheme.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/359571/6 (engine)

Yeah, i'd love to meet up at some point. Unfortunately, the olds has a tranny issue at the moment, and I'm saving up to put in a $3000 tranny from here....

http://www.dreviltransmissions.com/home.html

"On second thought maybe the Blue Ridge isnt such a great idea considering the way these cars go around corners and up real steep hills"

Bring them on! One of the 1st things I did when I got the olds was to change the suspension.
Apart from the beefed up front & rear anti sway bars, I also replaced every rubber bushing with polygraphite impregnated bushings, and treated the front end with Eibach 1.5 lowered springs w/ bilstein shocks, and the rear end with airlift air bags.

Needless to say, she handles like a rocket (olds/rocket) on rails.

@ Cadet57 : Thanks Cadet! Well that what makes us all individuals. Our different taste in how we like our vehicles. I've always have been a modder, so i like to add my own personal touches to my vehicles. The one exception is my 86 El Camino. It has remained stock..., for the time being anyhow, because presently it is my daily driver, until I get the new tranny for the olds.

Custom Cruiser Love.... 3595710092_large
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Love....   Custom Cruiser Love.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 10:49 am

oldscruiser wrote:

@ Cadet57 : Thanks Cadet! Well that what makes us all individuals. Our different taste in how we like our vehicles. I've always have been a modder, so i like to add my own personal touches to my vehicles. The one exception is my 86 El Camino. It has remained stock..., for the time being anyhow, because presently it is my daily driver, until I get the new tranny for the olds.

Custom Cruiser Love.... 3595710092_large

Btw, I will second the motion that I really like those wheels. They suit the car very well. I also love the white trim on the tail lights. That is one thing I might do to my Caprice after seeing it, it makes it look very streamlined.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Love....   Custom Cruiser Love.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:36 am

Flasheroo wrote:

OK here come the LT-1 superiority jokes,but we get better mileage and are much cheaper to maintain so take that!
!
Flasheroo

Um,.no.
only tbi guys that don't own well tuned lt1's, think they get better mileage,.
we all know the power difference.

Nick
Back to top Go down
oldscruiser

oldscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Love....   Custom Cruiser Love.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:42 am

Quote :
Btw, I will second the motion that I really like those wheels. They suit the car very well. I also love the white trim on the tail lights. That is one thing I might do to my Caprice after seeing it, it makes it look very streamlined.

Thanks..., sometimes the simpler things make all the difference.
I sat behind my wagon for hours drinking beer and looking at the rear end. I could not put my finger on it, however something was just out of place in the rear. I just wasn't happy with the look of the stock rear tail lights..., even thought about doing the whole caddy rear tail light transplant.
Then one day out of the blue, I just decided i was going to paint the black trim around the lights the same as the body color, and after I did that, it was the difference between night & day. It just looked right then..., and that put a end to changing out the rear taillights.
However...., the front headlights was a whole different ball of wax. Rolling Eyes

Custom Cruiser Love.... 3595710051_large
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Love....   Custom Cruiser Love.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 12:51 pm

Welcome and beautiful Cruiser! Nice upgrades you've done to him.

Flashroo, 69K IS low mileage on an 18 year old car. Wink

I'm at the north end of Skyline Drive. Love to meet up for a little cruise and cookout some day! And trust me, the wagons do just fine on the Blue Ridge. Mods help of course. Cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Love....   Custom Cruiser Love.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 2:50 pm

I dig my wagon too dude, but not nearly enough to impregnate it's bushings. affraid

Love the whip and I'm happy that your happy and in love. I love you

Also - I lived in Roanoke for a stretch and I LOVED the parkway. Geluz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Rear Ends and Beer   Custom Cruiser Love.... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 11:29 pm

Hey AJ thats 2 things we enjoy,BEER and looking at shapely rear ends!Super Chevy did a 305 build up last month and
are doing a TBI followup next month.If I can get around 300 to 350 ft.lbs of torque I will be very happy!I dont want
to have to swap my engine since its in such good shape and low mileage.
Suspension mods are first on my list then brakes,cooling and finally the engine mods will come last but There will always be
something new to try!
The Typhoon and Cyclone have always been favorites of mine and both were examples of the ultimate factory sleeper.I have driven
a bonestock Cyclone and road in a highly tweaked Typhoon and they were both absolute beast when the boost hit and with AWD
they were never lacking for traction.
Looking forward to a meet and beer.
Take Care All
Jim Gordon
Flasheroo
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Love....   Custom Cruiser Love.... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 6:40 am

Welcome! Beautiful OCC! Very nice mods too...glad you are here! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Love....   Custom Cruiser Love.... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 7:40 am

Welcome.........
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Love....   Custom Cruiser Love.... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 8:20 am

Welcome aboard! Very nice looking cruiser...
Back to top Go down
lugnutz

lugnutz

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Love....   Custom Cruiser Love.... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 2:18 pm

u have a nice wagon
Back to top Go down
oldscruiser

oldscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Love....   Custom Cruiser Love.... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 8:37 pm

Well thank you guys!
It like coming home to a home coming! Very Happy
I was looking at all your photo's of your wagons from the wagonfest, and there are some really nice rides out there. It's amazing to me that there is still so much interest in this body style almost 20 years after it was introduced. I think in general the B Body style just has good lines on it, be it a wagon or sedan. Further more, i predict at some point GM will reach in it's bag down the road, and make the b body impalla SS a retro, much like they have done with the dodge charger, ford mustang, and chevy camaro.

@ Flasheroo : Ahhh, I see where flasheroo comes from now Mr. Gordon

@ Bewber : heh! too funny..., funny thing was, I thought I had enough rubber on all the rims to keep that from happening. That will teach me! Rolling Eyes

@ brokecello : A cellist...., how cool is that? Let me break out my lighter! How about a little Casals, "Song of the birds?" Smile
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Love....   Custom Cruiser Love.... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 10:36 pm

Dude Chris is no joke - he chellows everything you can think of. He chellows up weddings, reunions, mittzfus, he even Chellows up a mean METALLICA - and when you call him on the phone he even answers it like .... "Hello, this is Chris." (wtf did you think he'd say, chellow?)
Back to top Go down
oldscruiser

oldscruiser

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Love....   Custom Cruiser Love.... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 11:07 pm

@ Bewber : LOL , My friends wife which lives in Boston & teaches at Harvard, plays cello with 4 others (quintet?) in evening gigs across a couple places in Boston.
Her name is Donna.., we call her Donna Cello, not so much for the renaissance artist, but for the teenage mutant turtles character. She just loves that! Rolling Eyes
Yes, i know it should be, Donatello..... ; )
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Love....   Custom Cruiser Love.... Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28, 2010 11:10 pm

welcome aboard. I gotta get my suncoast hood on my OCC....
Back to top Go down
Bone Stock

Bone Stock

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Love....   Custom Cruiser Love.... Icon_minitimeTue Jun 29, 2010 3:25 am

Nice ride. Love the scoops and the way they alig\n with the grille segments. Pure Olds look!

Want a CC some day. So clean! I work at a place that attracts a lot of retired people, and I've been working on a couple with a beautiful, all original white one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Cruiser Love....   Custom Cruiser Love.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom Cruiser Love....
Page 1 of 1