GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Empty
PostSubject: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 8:36 am

Please let me know if someone is going near Ottawa on the way to WF. THere are a set of bare 15" wheels that are trying to get there. I'm not actually in Ottawa, the wheels have been dropped off already.

I know it probably can't happen, so after I get back perhaps we can activate the wagon parts train.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 5:57 pm

Jason

I assume you've been to Maine already? If you haven't bring them down. Don't know where they are going but I have some east coast traveling to do in 10 days.

Tom
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 9:23 pm

I'm here right now. I would have brought them, but had made the arrangements to get them to WF with J Lac before he got sick. No worries, we'll get it worked out. They still might end up in your garage at some point on the travels...
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 12:17 am

Hey Tom! I'm actually the guy the wheels are trying to haphazardly roll down to.  In the event someone's heading in the New England vicinity and could help these wheels a little closer to the Boston area please feel free to let me know.

I see a few members from SNE...NJ and other places like Maine fairly frequently
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 8:12 am

Will do Matt, I know Jason sometimes comes to the US in October, he usually goes through my town and he knows where we live. Hopefully it can be put together. I know Nick sometimes goes to the Roundup, but not too sure how far they live apart.

Tom
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 12:41 pm

I'm working on it, we'll get the wheels there...
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 12:44 pm

Glad to be the middle man.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 10:06 pm

Tom, any help would be greatly appreciated of course, I am willing to take a ride someplace from my end as well depending on what I'm able to do schedule and work wise. I will likely see you at the roundup anyway?

I got your PM by the way, I couldn't reply yet because of post count.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 10:08 pm

I forwarded that seat to Brian. I think the guy selling it may have purchased a rear Impala SS seatback from me before.

Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 10:09 pm

Badass is down for the count it seems. I haven't been able to use the forum as many buttons have disappeared I believe because of the current photobucket hosting fiasco. Billy seems to be in the witness protection program or studying giant tortoises in the Galapagos Islands or something.

I would hope to see a local board pop up again for the New England guys to stay in touch and share info and whatnot... although a lot of activity seems to have migrated into Facebook.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 10:18 pm

Thanks Matt, I have to post for the Roundup pretty soon. I'll give Billy a call.

thanks
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 7:21 pm

Brian bought that seat Tom. Still haven't heard much on the BNE front though
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 9:14 pm

Thanks Matt

When I get something to post for the "Roundup", maybe you can post it on Facebook for me.

Tom
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 20, 2017 11:06 pm

LMK when you have a date, Tom!
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 8:18 am

jayoldschool wrote:
LMK when you have a date, Tom!

Will get something together in the next couple of days.
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 9:31 pm

Tom, I remember people talking about trying a different yet interesting venue for the event, like possibly York or Wells beach... Seashore Trolley Museum...a bunch of places. I'm down for whatever but if you have any ideas feel free to toss them out there!

Also maybe post it here as an event?

I'll definitely share it on Facebook
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 10:37 pm

North Conway might be a good location. Great scenery, lots to do for spouses and kids. Easy drive for the New England crew, short from Montreal, not bad from Ottawa and the NY guys...
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 10:45 pm

If it would help, Carol and I are heading out to the Maritimes, via Vermont and Maine, during the first week of September (I try to avoid Quebec whenever possible). Could easily pickup the goods and deliver them any where close to our route.

Let me know if I can help.

Bill
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 11:52 pm

convert2diesel wrote:
IfI try to avoid Quebec whenever possible

A wise decision, though we do have a sweet new express lane at the Lacolle border crossing you might want to try on your return trip...
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 6:26 am

convert2diesel wrote:
If it would help, Carol and I are heading out to the Maritimes, via Vermont and Maine, during the first week of September (I try to avoid Quebec whenever possible).  Could easily pickup the goods and deliver them any where close to our route.

Bill

Bingo! I am right on your route.

Tom
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 12:39 pm

Bill, that would be great. I'll give you a call soon!
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 1:02 pm

jasonlachapelle wrote:
convert2diesel wrote:
IfI try to avoid Quebec whenever possible

A wise decision, though we do have a sweet new express lane at the Lacolle border crossing you might want to try on your return trip...

17 years ago, when Hull was still Hull, I got caught doing an illegal "U" turn.  My fault, owned up to it and returned a week later and paid the fine.  They didn't take Interact at the time so ended up paying them cash.  Figured that would be the end of it.  A year later, got a notice that the fine wasn't paid and as I had lost the receipt, couldn't prove otherwise.  Went over and paid the fine a second time, and kept the receipt in the dashboard for like 4 years.

Fast forward to 2005, received another notice that there was now a warrant out for my arrest.  Called the court clerk to clear it up and they had absolutely no record of the fine being paid.  Had finally cleaned out my dashboard not 4 months before but I absolutely refuse to pay this sucker a third time, all to compensate for poor bookkeeping on their part.

Not sure if there is a statute of limitations on traffic violations but try to avoid Quebec none the less.

Yes I do know of that new by-pass around Montreal and if I ever venture through the Province again, will definitely use it.  Brother Gord used it this spring and says it cut 1/2 hour off the trip.  Still like to go State side on our way east.  Makes for a very pleasant trip that only adds a couple of hours.  Better roads through New Brunswick then cutting across the province at Edmunston.

Bill
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 1:36 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
convert2diesel wrote:
If it would help, Carol and I are heading out to the Maritimes, via Vermont and Maine, during the first week of September (I try to avoid Quebec whenever possible).  Could easily pickup the goods and deliver them any where close to our route.

Bill

Bingo!  I am right on your route.

Tom

Tom:

Is there a better route across Vermont than Hwy 2? Did that about 20 years ago and it took me forever to get across the State. Another option is Hwy 302. Will be coming down 89, and cutting across at Montpellier seems to be the most direct route. Please advise.

Bill
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 2:15 pm

Hi Bill

There is no easy way to go East to West in NH / VT. Route 302 goes right by my front door. Route 2, you would come pretty close also. I dislike them both, probably would go Route 2.

You would go 302 to Montpelier, pick up Route 2 and travel to St. Johnsbury. Then you would go 91 (for a couple of exits), then pick up Route 93 to NH. I live in Littleton NH, it's the first town you hit. From Montpelier to Littleton is about an hour or an hour and a half.

Tom
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 2:26 pm

Thanks Tom:

Am hoping to get away from here on the 2nd of September. Not bringing the RV so choice of roads not a real concern. You would think that everyone in Vermont or New Hampshire only wanted to travel south. Never did figure out why the east/west routes played second fiddle to the Interstates.

My next concern is getting down to 95 east to Bangor.

Will make arrangements with Jay and get your co-ordinates to plug into Bitchin Betty (GPS).

Bill
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 4:58 pm

convert2diesel wrote:

Yes I do know of that new by-pass around Montreal and if I ever venture through the Province again, will definitely use it.  Brother Gord used it this spring and says it cut 1/2 hour off the trip.  Still like to go State side on our way east.  Makes for a very pleasant trip that only adds a couple of hours.  Better roads through New Brunswick then cutting across the province at Edmunston.

Yeah the 30 is sweet, but I was talking about the other super secret route through the woods. The one that bypasses customs and gets you a free stay at the Olympic Stadium.
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 6:12 pm

jasonlachapelle wrote:
convert2diesel wrote:

Yeah the 30 is sweet, but I was talking about the other super secret route through the woods.  The one that bypasses customs and gets you a free stay at the Olympic Stadium.

Missed that one.  Maybe I could pass as an economic refugee for the US Border Patrol.  Could claim I has going broke underwriting all the Haitians escaping from "The Donald".  But then again, I would have to drive through Quebec and with my luck, end up in jail on the wrong side of the border.  Better to just drop down into the States at Cornwall and by-pass your Province entirely. Its really too bad. Spent most of my youth skiing in the Laurentians and playing in Montreal and Quebec City. Used to love the Province before it got Levequetrecuted.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2017 11:02 am

Haha... this has international incident written all over it!

This is great. Thanks to everyone involved...  I think I'm excited!  I'll definitely be able to rendezvous with you Tom at the pending Roundup if not before that... take a ride up the Kancamagus or something like that.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2017 11:40 am

Matt

PM me with your phone #.

Tom
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2017 8:34 pm

The wagon train has been officially activated. I will drop the wheels at Diesel Bill's house soon, I spoke to him yesterday.
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 24, 2017 11:17 pm

Am I going to have to buy another D body to make this transaction legitimate?

Bill
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2017 5:59 pm

Lol
Back to top Go down
Matt Trakker

Matt Trakker

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2017 5:59 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Matt

PM me with your phone #.

Tom

Will do Tom
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?   Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Longshot: can someone pickup in Ottawa on way to WF?
Page 1 of 1