GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Anyone add memory seats to their wagon?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Anyone add memory seats to their wagon? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone add memory seats to their wagon?   Anyone add memory seats to their wagon? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2017 1:57 pm

I have 2 Caprices that get driven often by both my wife and me. She's 5' and 5'11" and I find it tough to find 'the spot' after she's been driving. So has anyone added memory seats? If so, aftermarket or a retrofit from another car?
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Anyone add memory seats to their wagon?   Anyone add memory seats to their wagon? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2017 2:56 pm

I had memory seats in the 94 Caddy. Perhaps that would work. If memory serves, there is a module under the drivers seat plus the memory seat switch on the armrest.

Bill
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Anyone add memory seats to their wagon?   Anyone add memory seats to their wagon? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2017 4:49 pm

I forgot to put them in.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Anyone add memory seats to their wagon?   Anyone add memory seats to their wagon? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2017 5:23 pm

Anyone add memory seats to their wagon? Larry_Cable_Guy_thats_funny_right_t_zps73708651
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Anyone add memory seats to their wagon?   Anyone add memory seats to their wagon? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 05, 2017 5:58 pm

I'll be here all week. Try the veal.
Back to top Go down
Rev Bob

PostSubject: Re: Anyone add memory seats to their wagon?   Anyone add memory seats to their wagon? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 5:38 am

Besides the module itself, all the functions need feedback sensors on the drive cables. Any function that is memorized needs a sensor. The switch panel is different as well.
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: Anyone add memory seats to their wagon?   Anyone add memory seats to their wagon? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 9:19 am

Rev Bob wrote:
Besides the module itself, all the functions need feedback sensors on the drive cables. Any function that is memorized needs a sensor. The switch panel is different as well.

Agreed. However, the Caddy seats are a direct bolt in so you can either get the entire seat from the Caddy and bolt it in or remove the bottom frame and bolt the Caprice seats to that frame. You would only have to do the drivers seat if you go with option 2.

Never could get the memory seats to work on mine (its possible I didn't read the instructions) but did the opposite within the first year as the Caddy frames had broken, so I used a Roadmaster frame to fix the issue, so I know the two are interchangeable and yes, rendering the memory function useless.

Bill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone add memory seats to their wagon?   Anyone add memory seats to their wagon? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 1:35 pm

convert2diesel wrote:
Rev Bob wrote:

Agreed.  However, the Caddy seats are a direct bolt in so you can either get the entire seat from the Caddy and bolt it in or remove the bottom frame and bolt the Caprice seats to that frame.  You would only have to do the drivers seat if you go with option 2.

Never could get the memory seats to work on mine (its possible I didn't read the instructions) but did the opposite within the first year as the Caddy frames had broken, so I used a Roadmaster frame to fix the issue, so I know the two are interchangeable and yes, rendering the memory function useless.

Bill

There's and idea. Thanks a bunch! I'm gonna call a couple yard hook-ups I have.
Back to top Go down
Gerome

Gerome

PostSubject: Re: Anyone add memory seats to their wagon?   Anyone add memory seats to their wagon? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 3:54 pm

Let us know how it turns out .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone add memory seats to their wagon?   Anyone add memory seats to their wagon? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 3:55 pm

This is funny. I was reminded of this thread while watching Seinfeld last night. The episode when Jerry buys his dad a Cadillac.
"Hey Jerry, this car has memory seats. If someone moves my seat, I push a button and it goes right back where I had it!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone add memory seats to their wagon?   Anyone add memory seats to their wagon? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone add memory seats to their wagon?
Page 1 of 1