GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wagon rear hatch glass supports

Go down 
+3
dmg4
silverfox103
Big Wagon Guy
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

Wagon rear hatch glass supports Empty
PostSubject: Wagon rear hatch glass supports   Wagon rear hatch glass supports Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 7:26 pm

Does anyone know where to get new replacement strut rods for the hatch glass? Link, part number/manufacturer? Any and all info appreciated. Thanks
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Wagon rear hatch glass supports   Wagon rear hatch glass supports Icon_minitimeTue Jan 09, 2018 9:15 pm

Hi John

It's been a while, but I have bought them at NAPA before.

Tom
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: Wagon rear hatch glass supports   Wagon rear hatch glass supports Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 5:58 am

Summit Racing sells Monroe rear glass struts on their website, and on their eBay store.  Several vendors on eBay also list offbrand struts for a bit less.  You'll want to replace both struts, as when new they are pretty powerful.  Replacing just one will definitely hold the glass up, but you'll stress the window as it twists from the unequal lift on each side when you try to close it.

Rather obvious how I know replacing one strut is a bad idea, eh? Too soon old, too late wise.

See:  https://www.ebay.com/itm/Monroe-Max-Lift-Support-Strut-Rear-Glass-Buick-Chevy-Station-Wagon-Each/331532365782?fits=Year%3A1996%7CModel%3ARoadmaster&hash=item4d30de6fd6:g:oL0AAOSwT2daAeFm&vxp=mtr
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Wagon rear hatch glass supports   Wagon rear hatch glass supports Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 8:56 am

Check Rock Auto as well. They often have the part for less even with shipping.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Wagon rear hatch glass supports   Wagon rear hatch glass supports Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 1:37 pm

Should be able to get them local from any Dorman/Delco supplier. If you are stuck, I have good used that I can send...
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Wagon rear hatch glass supports   Wagon rear hatch glass supports Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 7:14 pm

My local parts store does not have them in stock.
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: Wagon rear hatch glass supports   Wagon rear hatch glass supports Icon_minitimeWed Jan 10, 2018 7:26 pm

Rock Auto has the Monroe struts for $23 a pair, no tax, and $6 for 2-day shipping. If you don't buy them, we'll keep this thread going forever with more suggestions!
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

PostSubject: Re: Wagon rear hatch glass supports   Wagon rear hatch glass supports Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 3:12 pm

Thank you all very much. I can't seem to find them on Rock Auto...anyone have a link or part number? Sorry not being lazy I legitimately can't find them.

And Dmg4 I just noticed the Grandfather quote on your signature...that's pure gold!
Back to top Go down
Big Wagon Guy

Big Wagon Guy

PostSubject: Re: Wagon rear hatch glass supports   Wagon rear hatch glass supports Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 3:18 pm

I just used the link that Dmg4 provided above and now have the part numbers...sincerely appreciate the help gentlemen.
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: Wagon rear hatch glass supports   Wagon rear hatch glass supports Icon_minitimeFri Jan 12, 2018 3:20 pm

Here's another link to the Rock Auto page where you can get the Strong arm 4762 version for $10.75 each:

http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1778568&cc=1037483&jsn=568
Back to top Go down
red280

PostSubject: Re: Wagon rear hatch glass supports   Wagon rear hatch glass supports Icon_minitimeSat Jan 20, 2018 3:47 pm

I got the Strong Arm 4762 struts. They work well and are nice and inexpensive.
Back to top Go down
RoadmasterTwo

PostSubject: Re: Wagon rear hatch glass supports   Wagon rear hatch glass supports Icon_minitimeThu Feb 08, 2018 3:40 pm

Well that was just too easy. Thanks for the link info; 'just ordered a pair and crossed another item off my list!
Back to top Go down
http://www.mcfiddles.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wagon rear hatch glass supports   Wagon rear hatch glass supports Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wagon rear hatch glass supports
Page 1 of 1