GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

A Texas Mike style trip to Australia

Go down 
+3
Andebe
81X11
RedandBlack
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

A Texas Mike style trip to Australia Empty
PostSubject: A Texas Mike style trip to Australia   A Texas Mike style trip to Australia Icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2018 11:38 pm

I spent 2 weeks in Australia visiting my fiancee, and DAMN do they have some cool cars. And wagons are EVERYWHERE!

Faceboook album, but it's public so you can see it even if you don't have an account. Take a look:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10216589369673332.1073741868.1431987960&type=1&l=1671f0dd33
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: A Texas Mike style trip to Australia   A Texas Mike style trip to Australia Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 9:13 am

GREAT pics! I plan to "study" these later when I'm not in the office. Very cool!
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: A Texas Mike style trip to Australia   A Texas Mike style trip to Australia Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 9:14 am

Yeah there was a LOT to see. Had a great time.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: A Texas Mike style trip to Australia   A Texas Mike style trip to Australia Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 3:09 pm

Thanks for sharing the link. A few things stand out. First are congratulations in order? Did you upgrade from girlfriend to fiancee? If so,awesome! Congrats,you will make a fine bi-continental power couple. Perhaps a Ute importing business is in your future? That certainly wouldnt suck. Secondly,the Utes with a topper look like a byproduct of a Mini van,El Camino love affair. It just hurts to see that one. Lastly, I found the thin white walls on the larger wheels interesting. Its different. Again,thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: A Texas Mike style trip to Australia   A Texas Mike style trip to Australia Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2018 3:10 pm

Officially, no congrats. That's December when she comes back.
Back to top Go down
tristanide

PostSubject: Re: A Texas Mike style trip to Australia   A Texas Mike style trip to Australia Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 3:20 am

Awesome pics.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: A Texas Mike style trip to Australia   A Texas Mike style trip to Australia Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 3:02 pm

Love the pics!!! Followed as you were there, but its nice to see it all in one spot and live the dream with you. lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: A Texas Mike style trip to Australia   A Texas Mike style trip to Australia Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 3:08 pm

Haha. I'll be going back either next fall or early 2020. It was amazing.
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: A Texas Mike style trip to Australia   A Texas Mike style trip to Australia Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 8:57 pm

LOVED the album.  I worked in the Coro Valley and Riverland in South Oz off and on over a 10 year period.  My host gave me his Valiant wagon to drive, which we used to tour the Flinders and elsewhere; including Gumeracha and the big rocking horse.

A Texas Mike style trip to Australia Yellow10
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: A Texas Mike style trip to Australia   A Texas Mike style trip to Australia Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 9:01 pm

Neat! My fiancee is from Gawler. Their childhood home is up in the Barossa valley - gorgeous up there.

Back to top Go down
wrongway

wrongway

PostSubject: Re: A Texas Mike style trip to Australia   A Texas Mike style trip to Australia Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 10:24 pm

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. If I ever get outside the States, Australia
is where I want to go!
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: A Texas Mike style trip to Australia   A Texas Mike style trip to Australia Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2019 10:51 pm

Hard to believe this was almost a year ago.

We're married now. I'm going back again in June.
Back to top Go down
wrongway

wrongway

PostSubject: Re: A Texas Mike style trip to Australia   A Texas Mike style trip to Australia Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 12:30 am

Awsome!! Glad to hear all is good and hope you and the Wife have Great Fun!
Take a few pics for us if you can. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: A Texas Mike style trip to Australia   A Texas Mike style trip to Australia Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 4:19 am

Folks, go to see South Australia and Victoria if there's any way you can manage it.  It's like another planet.  Adelaide, the Flinders, the Grampians, the Great Ocean Road, all are magic.  Weird animals and great wine.  Maybe you can pick up a vintage Valiant wagon with right-hand drive to boot.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: A Texas Mike style trip to Australia   A Texas Mike style trip to Australia Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 7:51 am

Yep. There are pics of the Barossa wine valley in there. We are doing the Great Ocean Road on this trip. It'll be like the upside-down kangaroo version of the PCH. I'm excited about it.
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: A Texas Mike style trip to Australia   A Texas Mike style trip to Australia Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 9:03 am

Quote :
We are doing the Great Ocean Road on this trip

Gibson steps are fantastic.  Make sure you have time to go down the cliff to the beach.  12 Apostles are down top 11 now, but still a must see.  Bay of islands, shipwreck coast, Apollo Bay, all jaw-dropping beautiful.
Back to top Go down
wrongway

wrongway

PostSubject: Re: A Texas Mike style trip to Australia   A Texas Mike style trip to Australia Icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2019 10:59 am

You Guys are making me jealous!!!  I want to see everything including the rock and the awesome birds.  I also understand that the Australians are just as serious about high perf cars as we are here in the states.
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: A Texas Mike style trip to Australia   A Texas Mike style trip to Australia Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 7:12 am

dmg4 wrote:
Quote :
We are doing the Great Ocean Road on this trip

Gibson steps are fantastic.  Make sure you have time to go down the cliff to the beach.  12 Apostles are down top 11 now, but still a must see.  Bay of islands, shipwreck coast, Apollo Bay, all jaw-dropping beautiful.

Down to 9 Apostles, unfortunately. Still looks like a cool drive.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: A Texas Mike style trip to Australia   A Texas Mike style trip to Australia Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 10:03 am

GREAT pics! I enjoyed following along on Facebook! I really like that green 70's Caddy with RIGHT HAND DRIVE! How cool is that !??!?!?!?

Thanks for sharing Ray!
Back to top Go down
RedandBlack

RedandBlack

PostSubject: Re: A Texas Mike style trip to Australia   A Texas Mike style trip to Australia Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 10:27 am

Yeah that thing was parked at the Holden dealership. Probably trying to find parts for it or something. What a beast!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Texas Mike style trip to Australia   A Texas Mike style trip to Australia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Texas Mike style trip to Australia
Page 1 of 1