GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New guy checking in..

Go down 
+9
Krzdimond
lornejay1
brokecello
sherlock9c1
DBeaSSt
94X2
WagonLover
Bewber
Travis T Justice
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Travis T Justice

New guy checking in.. Empty
PostSubject: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 2:48 pm

I have to say I never really knew there was longroof forums.. now I have to learn a whole new group of "lingo and abbreviations" .. Anyhow this is my wagon, after looking around and seeing so many super clean pristine wagons, I might fetch some flaming for this one... LOL but its sort of what I do...

New guy checking in.. L_6b29ee76133446f3b5a3e0f0220412ae

Its currently laid out on 20s, body dropped a couple inches, and bagged obviously. We are re working the rear end, moving the axle back 1.5 - 2" and building a new notch and bridge, to get it to lay hard rocker all the way through (originally built to lay on 18s) .. will build to lay 22"s in the rear hopefully I can afford some 22s in the next few months.. paint and interior are planned for the upcoming year.. Hope I didn't offend anyone to much LOL
Back to top Go down
Travis T Justice

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 2:50 pm

also found a 3/4 rear shot..

New guy checking in.. L_78e8cc3ffc9a42ce80524d3b60e9b7b8
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 2:55 pm

Welcome.

We're pretty laid back and I doubt anybody will be mad. It's your car - do wtfever you want to with it.

Do you work at a railroad company and park it next to boxcars by any chance?
Back to top Go down
Travis T Justice

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 3:06 pm

thanks man, for the info... Nope no rail yards or Box cars, LOL.. (I'm assuming your referring to my custom paint) I belong to a world wide mini truck club "No Regrets" since it was only in marhide primer.. we figured why the hell not LOL
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 3:20 pm

I can diggit. So what are your REAL paint plans?
Back to top Go down
Travis T Justice

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 3:23 pm

real paint, i have a few ideas... but basically base of candy root-beer, and possibly some sort of two tone with a creamy off white tanish color. Since viewing these forums though I have to say wood paneling has been catching my eye. so possible partial (non traditional) airbrushed wood paneling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:08 pm

I've seen that wagon on cusstom.com before.

Really cool. Smile
Back to top Go down
Travis T Justice

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:16 pm

Stingroo wrote:
I've seen that wagon on cusstom.com before.

Really cool. Smile

thanks again, I never new it was on custom.com, guess some one just posted a pic.. that's from Laid out at the park 2 years ago i believe... the burgundy Taco behind it is mine also (now green)

New guy checking in.. GaugeMagazine_2009_LaydOut_188
Back to top Go down
WagonLover

WagonLover

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:34 pm

Welcome!.. very nice paint job in my opinion.. im into the whole "diffrent" things.. i was actually thinkin about lettin everyone tag up on my woodgrain.. but cant wait to see more of this wagon!.. is this just a show wagon cuz i dont see any side mirrors?..
Back to top Go down
https://www.photobucket.com/wagonlover
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:50 pm

Glad you're here. I'm looking forward to updates as you get more done.

Jon
Back to top Go down
Travis T Justice

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 4:52 pm

WagonLover wrote:
Welcome!.. very nice paint job in my opinion.. im into the whole "diffrent" things.. i was actually thinkin about lettin everyone tag up on my woodgrain.. but cant wait to see more of this wagon!.. is this just a show wagon cuz i dont see any side mirrors?..

There isn't a whole lot more to see right now.. interior is haggered.. and will all be out soon (stripping interior to rebuild back frame area) It has no side mirrors... and right now its my daily.. (my truck got attacked by a deer so im driving one of my cutoms..) and no side mirrors alone isn't so bad... but the windshield rear view mirror got taken out by my dog last week... NO MIRRORS in a land yacht .. lets just say its an interesting ride.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 5:03 pm

Welcome aboard! You may get poked at a little from folks but it's always in good fun. Variety is what makes this hobby fun, if everyone did the same thing, what fun would that be? Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 5:07 pm

Dunno Mike, ask the SS wagon clone guys.

:hide:
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 5:19 pm

You need some reporting marks on the side of that thing to complete the look:

CSXT

or

BNSF

Very Happy

I'm giving away my model RR roots here.
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 5:20 pm

Stingroo wrote:
Dunno Mike, ask the SS wagon clone guys.

:hide:

Ha! Good one. Although it looks like we might be on a GS wagon kick now. It's nice to see someone doing something different.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 6:39 pm

Welcome...I think its pretty cool!!! Keep us updated! What part of the country are you from?

Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Travis T Justice

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 7:30 pm

thanks again everyone for the comments, I am in NW Georgia, real close to Chattanooga, TN..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 7:45 pm

Cool. I've got a couple of friends up there.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:23 pm

I love it, Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:31 pm

Welcome! Always good to see what others have done, regardless of personal taste. Wanna come to the Great Ogeechee Seafood Festival here in Savannah in October? 300+ cars in attendance.......
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:34 pm

can you drive it???
interesting,..

nick
Back to top Go down
Travis T Justice

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:54 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
can you drive it???
interesting,..

nick
of course, why couldn't i drive it?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:13 pm

Pretty wild! Man you've put some work in that!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:27 pm

Travis T Justice wrote:
phantom 309 wrote:
can you drive it???
interesting,..

nick

Because the wheels don't go all the way down? New guy checking in.. Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Travis T Justice

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:00 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
Travis T Justice wrote:
phantom 309 wrote:
can you drive it???
interesting,..

nick

Because the wheels don't go all the way down? New guy checking in.. Icon_razz

LOL... its on airbags it gets up about 6" off the ground and anywhere in between to drive...
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:29 pm

I know, just bustin yer bawls
Back to top Go down
Cletus

Cletus

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:32 pm

Would never do that with my current wagon but I love it! Cant wait to see more
Back to top Go down
http://vulturesawait.com
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:27 pm

sherlock9c1 wrote:
You need some reporting marks on the side of that thing to complete the look:

CSXT

or

BNSF

Very Happy

I'm giving away my model RR roots here.

Nah, Paint it Tuscan Red with PRR 4815, five gold stripes and a pantograph on the roof!!!!!

Welcome to the forum. I thought I posted but guess it didn't send Sad
I like it, it's cool and different.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:48 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Nah, Paint it Tuscan Red with PRR 4815, five gold stripes and a pantograph on the roof!!!!!

Welcome to the forum. I thought I posted but guess it didn't send New guy checking in.. Icon_sad
I like it, it's cool and different.
I'll see your GG1 and raise you a E8A or something! New guy checking in.. Icon_razz I was going for a boxcar theme. The Finger Lakes Railway here locally has lots of empty boxcars sitting around waiting for their customers and many of them get tagged while they wait.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New guy checking in..   New guy checking in.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New guy checking in..
Page 1 of 1