GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Checking In

Go down 
+7
DBeaSSt
Krzdimond
81X11
jayoldschool
BigBlackBeaSSt
buickestate
surfwgn
11 posters
AuthorMessage
surfwgn

surfwgn

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Checking In   Checking In Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 4:49 pm

Hi all

New Here, got my 94 rmw in January of this year, just change over to dual eleritc fans, upgraded the battery wires, new wheels and rubber, tinted the window , lower the front end 1'' new 32mm sway bar and end links,

she has 83,454 mls on her runs strong few small leak in the power steering.

Here are few pic's

Btw if your in the sf bay area, east bay i have mech fan set up ,used front springs and the oe alloy rims with tries and lug nut free to whom ever wants to come get em.

cheers Will

Checking In 013-4

Checking In 011-4

Checking In 012-5

Last edited by surfwgn on Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 4:53 pm

Welcome aboard, can I assume from your personal plate that you have ties down under?
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 5:13 pm

Welcome Will, it was nice to talk to you today......... LMK what I can do to help, but it looks like you are off to a great start. Sharp looking wagon!!

FYI...... Fred is "Ruphax"..............

Tim
Back to top Go down
surfwgn

surfwgn

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 5:22 pm

buickestate wrote:
Welcome aboard, can I assume from your personal plate that you have ties down under?

Yeah mate, I'm from OZ, alien
Back to top Go down
surfwgn

surfwgn

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 5:29 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
Welcome Will, it was nice to talk to you today......... LMK what I can do to help, but it looks like you are off to a great start. Sharp looking wagon!!

FYI...... Fred is "Ruphax"..............

Tim

THanks for the heads up Tim, good talking with ya also.

cheers

Will
Back to top Go down

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 5:33 pm

Welcome to the madness "Mate" and you are definitely off to a awesome start with your wagon.Are you polishing out your trim or going with something different?Those wheels really go great with the wood.What size are the rims and tires please?
Again Welcome
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 5:40 pm

I'll guess the wheels are 18x8 and 18x9.5.
Back to top Go down
surfwgn

surfwgn

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 6:52 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Welcome to the madness "Mate" and you are definitely off to a awesome start with your wagon.Are you polishing out your trim or going with something different?Those wheels really go great with the wood.What size are the rims and tires please?
Again Welcome
Jim Gordon

Yeah got the trim off to polish, tim gave me some pointers and what to do!
I will tell you this, if I had to do it over I would rather pay Tim to do this work. I removed the paint and clear from the trim which was a massive pain in the ass, even with the aircaft stripper it didnt want ot come off, took there coats affraid And i'm still not done Evil or Very Mad

Jay is correct on the wheels Very Happy
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In Icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2011 10:19 pm

Nice car! Will look good with the polished trim.

Quick tip, take some SOS pads to the exhaust tips and then if you want to go further a little Mother's metal polish. You'll be amazed how they shine up.

Please keep the pics and updates coming!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 7:10 am

Welcome Will.

Looks like you know what you are doing as the first mods were the "important" ones lol
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 8:39 am

Welcome aboard, and nice ride! Thanks for sharing some pics?
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Cadet57

Cadet57

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 9:35 am

Welcome. I'll have to be on the lookout for that wagon next time i'm in Cali.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In Icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2011 1:07 pm

Welcome aboard. Nice looking 94 AGW (avg gold woody). It being a '94 make sure to check the aux post up by the firewall to make sure it's brass and not that crappy silver steel or whatever fire causing alloy it was.

There was a tech service bulliten out on 94s about it and you want to swap it out for a brass one. My 94 Chevy's box was half melted when I got her. You can find donar aux bat post on any 95-96 B-body. search on ISSF for a thread I know there is one over there.
Back to top Go down
surfwgn

surfwgn

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 6:54 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Welcome aboard. Nice looking 94 AGW (avg gold woody). It being a '94 make sure to check the aux post up by the firewall to make sure it's brass and not that crappy silver steel or whatever fire causing alloy it was.

There was a tech service bulliten out on 94s about it and you want to swap it out for a brass one. My 94 Chevy's box was half melted when I got her. You can find donar aux bat post on any 95-96 B-body. search on ISSF for a thread I know there is one over there.

Had a look and I have the silver metal coming out of the fuse box affraid

I went to the parts store and they could not find a replacement where did you get yours? afro

Thanks Will
Back to top Go down

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:48 pm

Evening Will,here is the info on the brass terminal that I bought on ebay.
Listing #370437143154 GM # stud-12176639 $25.96
Got mine from Hamilton Chevy who is on ebay
Phone 586-264-1400
I know there is an easier way to post this guys but I dont know how so give it a rest!!
Back to top Go down
surfwgn

surfwgn

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 11:03 am

thanks flash got it on the way
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:24 pm

I did a pretty complete write up for replacing the auxiliary battery post.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=237690
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
surfwgn

surfwgn

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:51 pm

Nick Danger wrote:
I did a pretty complete write up for replacing the auxiliary battery post.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=237690

Cool thanks for the heads up, this will make it alot easier Very Happy

thanks again Will
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 12:58 pm

Great post, made me check mine...was glad to see it was gold colored. Did all '96's get the update?
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:02 pm

GM did the change to brass in 1995. So far as I know, all the '96 cars have the brass post.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 3:44 am

Welcome Will. Nice looking wagon. I love the wheels...could you tell me what model it is? I'm still looking to replace mine
Pete
Back to top Go down
surfwgn

surfwgn

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 12:53 pm

Dutch Pete wrote:
Welcome Will. Nice looking wagon. I love the wheels...could you tell me what model it is? I'm still looking to replace mine
Pete
it's 94 RMW estate with 84,000 mils the wheels are boss 338 18'' Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Checking In Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking In   Checking In Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Checking In
Page 1 of 1