HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Another spring question...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KingpinSS

PostSubject: Another spring question...   Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:14 pm

I have a 96 RMW with the Tow Package. I'm going to be doing a shock upgrade soon and am considering a spring change as well. The car is a daily driver, no trailering but occasionally is loaded with a bunch of gear/people. I am looking for any handling benefits, with ride height somewhere between stock RMW and stock SS. Anything lower or higher would be out due to road conditions in my area and cosmetic reasons.

Considering leaving as is with stock springs, also considering taking a half coil off the fronts. I know some people have said the Moog cc625 are pretty good for the rears but if I run that what would be the best combination to run up front?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Another spring question...   Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:56 pm

There is probably no difference in daily driving handling with spring changes. You really need a balanced set of springs from a single manufacturer. Lowering the car one inch (Impala height) will probably not make a noticeable difference, except when carrying a lot of people or gear. A greater difference will be with a shock change. You may need to replace the load leveling shocks with air bags inside the springs.
Back to top Go down

Another spring question...
Page 1 of 1