GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roadmasters might be the only car I’ll ever own.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Quinns

Roadmasters might be the only car I’ll ever own.  Empty
PostSubject: Roadmasters might be the only car I’ll ever own.    Roadmasters might be the only car I’ll ever own.  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2019 2:40 pm

https://imgur.com/gallery/Px1OKe0

I had a 91 Roadmaster given to me by my grandpa as my first car. I have exclusively owned Roadmasters since.

My grandpa gave me my first Roadmaster as my first car. It was a 1991, without the LT1. I wasn't a fan of the looks at first... But the comfort and functionality of the car grew on me quickly. I loved hearing the stories people would give me of their experiences riding in the back of these things. Lots of smiles from strangers, and lots of using it as a mobile hang out for me and my friends had me in love with these. You can sleep two comfortably in the back, looking up through the vista roof.

I took it to Alaska to see the northern lights, and eventually, through many popped tires, had to put a single studded tire on i
for a few thousand miles as there were no other available tires on the Alaskan highway. This is a big no-no with the LSD. It hurt the drive train, and eventually when replacing it, I lost a wheel on the freeway. There's a whole story as to why that happened, but I won't go into it. It was not worth fixing.

I got my second one, a 94, soon after. This one had the LT1… the engine they were putting in the Corvette back then. The car wasn't in very good shape, all of the trim was fucked up, the interior was falling apart, but it hauled ass, and I installed a nice sound system. The cabin of the car makes good use of a sealed box sub in the back. There were many fun road trips and adventures, and I was kind of known for my easy-riding muscle wagons at this point, even if it was a bit junky. To this day, the cars have never given me any serious mechanical issues.

So now I drive the car pictured. Everything works flawlessly, the interior is perfect, and I'm in love. I got it from another Roadmaster fan, and immediately swapped my torq thrust wheels onto it.

These things are luxury tanks. They float down the road, but aren't obnoxiously loose in their ride. This one has the gran touring package so supposedly it has a heavier duty suspension (mainly stiffer springs) and rear sway bar, and I’m inclined to agree, it is much less floaty, though still definitely in boat territory of course. Shifts smooth, etc. My love for these rubbed off on my friend and I sold my old beat up one to her and she’s loving it.

It’s funny to me that I have my dream car, that I always kind of have.
Back to top Go down
mythi

Roadmasters might be the only car I’ll ever own.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Roadmasters might be the only car I’ll ever own.    Roadmasters might be the only car I’ll ever own.  Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2019 2:15 am

welcome to the dream
Back to top Go down

Roadmasters might be the only car I’ll ever own.
Page 1 of 1