GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

1st Time Wagon Owner

Go down 
+2
rcktpwrd
El Demonio
6 posters
AuthorMessage
El Demonio

1st Time Wagon Owner Empty
PostSubject: 1st Time Wagon Owner   1st Time Wagon Owner Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2019 8:11 pm

I recently purchased a 91 Caprice Wagon with just 129k miles. Prior to the Wagon I owned a 95 Impala. I’m from Sunnyvale Southern California. 1st Time Wagon Owner 9ce93310
1st Time Wagon Owner Aabb1210
Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: 1st Time Wagon Owner   1st Time Wagon Owner Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2019 8:55 am

Nice!

Looks very clean Cool
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: 1st Time Wagon Owner   1st Time Wagon Owner Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2019 6:37 am

Welcome!  91s had some cool features including a vacuum actuated heater core shutoff valve over the passenger side valve cover.  I believe that when you set the temp to full cold it bypasses coolant flow through the valve so there's no HVAC box heating.  I've also seen that valve in some Ford Rangers.  For those of us in hotter climates with '92-96 cars that would be a nice add-on if you can figure out a way to send the appropriate vacuum control signal to it.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: 1st Time Wagon Owner   1st Time Wagon Owner Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2019 1:15 pm

Great color, not very common at all. Nice score. A set of nice rims and call it done Smile

Alot of folks will pass over the 305s in a second, but of the 14 91-96 wagons I've had, 5 of them have been 305 powered, and 4 of those were daily drivers for me. The fifth one is my boy's DD now (I owned it for about a day and sold it to him). If you keep it long enough around 250K you will need to swap out the oil pump, but other than that they are rock solid motors if maintained regularly.

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: 1st Time Wagon Owner   1st Time Wagon Owner Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2019 5:03 pm

GREAT color, didnt catch that the first time. Happy modding! Cool
Back to top Go down
dmg4
dmg4

PostSubject: Re: 1st Time Wagon Owner   1st Time Wagon Owner Icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2019 9:59 pm

Welcome! Great color, and hopefully a rust-free CA native. You might want to put your location in your user profile so folks know where you are after this thread is no longer in use.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1st Time Wagon Owner   1st Time Wagon Owner Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1st Time Wagon Owner
Page 1 of 1