GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Suburban Console - Will it fit?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
49ina35

49ina35

Suburban Console - Will it fit? Empty
PostSubject: Suburban Console - Will it fit?   Suburban Console - Will it fit? Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 12:47 am

Preparing to swap out the factory splits on my '92 Roadmaster wagon with a pair of buckets from a '93 Bonneville. Trying to get some ideas about a console and found a console from a Suburban like the one pictured for a mere $15 from a local pull-a-part. Keeping the column shift so I'm thinking since this mounts with the seat bolts, it should be an easy addition. Just wondered if anyone has attempted this as it looks a bit wide to clear the seats, but I'm more concerned about clearing the hump in the floor.Suburban Console - Will it fit? Suburb10
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Suburban Console - Will it fit?   Suburban Console - Will it fit? Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 8:06 am

Not sure if the Suburban console will work, but give it a whirl. A common swap was the S10, Jimmy or Blazer from the early 90's. Also the Riviera console, from the same years, worked. They all need a little fitting but not much.

Tom
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Suburban Console - Will it fit?   Suburban Console - Will it fit? Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 9:51 am

My main complaint with using that Burb console, other than it may be really tall in a wagon, is that the console lid is hard plastic. Burbs have fold-down armrests on each seat, and the console is not meant to be used as an armrest. It won't be very comfortable to have you arm resting on a hard piece of plastic.

Like Tom mentioned above, the 90's-era S-series trucks (Blazer/Jimmy/ect) have consoles that fit really well in our wagons...and have padded console lids.

Happy Yarding!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Suburban Console - Will it fit?   Suburban Console - Will it fit? Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 10:53 am

81X11 wrote:
My main complaint with using that Burb console, other than it may be really tall in a wagon, is that the console lid is hard plastic.   Burbs have fold-down armrests on each seat, and the console is not meant to be used as an armrest.    It won't be very comfortable to have you arm resting on a hard piece of plastic.    
-Mike

Good point by Mike! I have a Yukon XL, same as a Suburban. The console is not made to by an armrest. Not 100% sure, but I think it may be too wide.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

PostSubject: Re: Suburban Console - Will it fit?   Suburban Console - Will it fit? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 30, 2019 12:04 pm

I was tempted by the same console, lots of them on line for sale. I used a RMW passenger seat for the driver side. I went to a yard for other stuff and measured one that was there. It was too wide. I got an early 90's S10 console yesterday. The color is close, it fits nice. I hope to add some power connections, USB & 12 volt, maybe a courtesy lamp. I have no idea how I'm going to anchor it to the floor yet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Suburban Console - Will it fit?   Suburban Console - Will it fit? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Suburban Console - Will it fit?
Page 1 of 1