GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Got a Riv Console

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

Got a Riv Console Empty
PostSubject: Got a Riv Console   Got a Riv Console Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:31 pm

Went to the local JY today. They had two TBI RMS, one with a MINT blue cloth interior, I mean mint. And a '93 Caprice Sedan. Got some parts out of that car. As I was checking out the rest of the yard I saw the distinctive tail end of a Riveria wedged between two LeSabres. Took me a half hour but I pulled the console. The downside is I destryoed the PRNDL but I diddnt plan to use the shifter anyways, so I'll fab a new piece for it, and I'll have to SEM it, but its in good shape, just needs a good cleaning, they left the sunroof open Rolling Eyes . Heres the kicker, went down to pay, $30. I'm happy. Cool
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

Got a Riv Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a Riv Console   Got a Riv Console Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 2:39 pm

Nice find. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Got a Riv Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a Riv Console   Got a Riv Console Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:42 am

Get a hold of John (mtrhead79) out of Philly. Me has done this mod and might have the indicator panel sitting around.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Got a Riv Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a Riv Console   Got a Riv Console Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:52 am

Tim,

Thanks for the heads up but I wont be installing the shifter. I plan to use the console as a base for my Cb, Ham,and scanner. So I'm going to just Fab a new piece where the prndl is.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Got a Riv Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a Riv Console   Got a Riv Console Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 10:06 am

We will certainly need pictures of that!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Got a Riv Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a Riv Console   Got a Riv Console Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 4:46 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
We will certainly need pictures of that!!!!!

Oh dw, there will be. I'm toying with how to mount the radios and gear inside the console. I looked at a Crown Vic radio rack to hold them in place and will mount the console over it, not sure yet thou.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Got a Riv Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a Riv Console   Got a Riv Console Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 9:40 pm

i would do so research on b-body or SUV Fire Marshall cars. Lots of radios
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Got a Riv Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a Riv Console   Got a Riv Console Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 11:26 pm

BigBlackBeaSSt wrote:
i would do so research on b-body or SUV Fire Marshall cars. Lots of radios

I did, the problem is is that most radios are normal DIN size, which is a hair over 7 inches wide. The space in the Riv console where the PRNDL was is about 6-6 1/3 wide, both my radios will fit, its just a matter of fabricating the pieces I need.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Got a Riv Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a Riv Console   Got a Riv Console Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 2:36 pm

Started fitting stuff today, here are a couple crappy cell phone pics.

Fitting the CB, still need to trim a bit:
Got a Riv Console 598fe813

Where the PRNDL was, Scanner, power strip and light are going here:
Got a Riv Console 47a05d4c

For now, its still a mockup, but I like how its going. Still figruing out how I'm going to wire it properly.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Got a Riv Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a Riv Console   Got a Riv Console Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:21 pm

Small bump.

Without doing some major cutting to the console, the radios won't mount in the middle. So instead I plan to mount them in the two DIN cubbies over the cupholder. I cut and trimmed them to fit, now just need to rig up a piece to hold them in back. Got a template made for the new piece to fit over where the PRNDL was. I plan to put my iPod dock, light switches and power strip in there now. Need to figure out how to wire all this as well
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Got a Riv Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a Riv Console   Got a Riv Console Icon_minitimeTue Sep 14, 2010 9:26 pm

Have you thought about turning the radios 90 degrees? Just a thought bounce
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Got a Riv Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a Riv Console   Got a Riv Console Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:20 pm

Sprocket wrote:
Have you thought about turning the radios 90 degrees? Just a thought bounce

I have, the problem then becomes that the radios are harder to access without contorting my arm in some stupid position, that and would mean I would have to relocate the power strip and ipod dock. I figure in the cubbies is the best place for them now.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Got a Riv Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a Riv Console   Got a Riv Console Icon_minitimeSun Sep 19, 2010 4:14 pm

Nother bump. Got the layout set. Also found how I will mount the radios. Havis makes mounting equipment for police and rescue vehicles and they make mounting brackets for my sized CB and scanner. They're going to bolt in perfectly. Also started to fit the panel where the PRNDL was, heres a quick snap with it all together:

Got a Riv Console B0a234aa
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Got a Riv Console Empty
PostSubject: Re: Got a Riv Console   Got a Riv Console Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got a Riv Console
Page 1 of 1