GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Dashpad hunting

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
91rdmastr

Dashpad hunting Empty
PostSubject: Dashpad hunting   Dashpad hunting Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 7:18 pm

Does anybody have a blue Dashpad for a 91 Roadmaster? I'm not having any luck in the Kansas City area.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Dashpad hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dashpad hunting   Dashpad hunting Icon_minitimeTue Feb 25, 2020 9:16 pm

I believe I have one, but I no longer ship them. I had one break in shipment, because of the brittleness of the covering.

If you can make it to Wagonfest Florida, I can bring it along.
Back to top Go down
91rdmastr

Dashpad hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dashpad hunting   Dashpad hunting Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 12:34 am

I'm not able to make it that far right now. I did find one that's blue and in pretty good shape...according to the pics. They want $200.00 for it. Does that sound like too much? Its going to be in the 60s this weekend...I may have to hit the local salvage yards personally instead of calling around.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Dashpad hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dashpad hunting   Dashpad hunting Icon_minitimeWed Feb 26, 2020 4:42 am

If it is perfect I would think $200 is good. Imperfect, depending on what it is, somewhat less. All 91-93  RMs, and OCCs have the same dash pad. You can get SEM paint to match your color if you need to change it.
Back to top Go down
91rdmastr

Dashpad hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dashpad hunting   Dashpad hunting Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 1:07 pm

Does anybody out there have a nice, dark blue dashpad for a 91 Roadmaster? I've been calling across the country and only found 1 blue dash but can't get them to respond.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Dashpad hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dashpad hunting   Dashpad hunting Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 2:38 pm

I would check the local yards before paying someones mark up value. They aren't exactly easy to find in good condition though.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Dashpad hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dashpad hunting   Dashpad hunting Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 5:14 pm

Those dashpads are close to 30 years old, finding a good one takes a little time. Finding one priced fairly takes a little longer. I would not worry about color; you can buy SEM paint that is mixed to match in any color.

We're down south for the winter. I hit both big junkyards in Jacksonville FL. I just looked up the prices, one gets $15 the other $17. But finding one that hasn't been destroyed by the FL sun, is a little bit of a chore.

Keep looking you'll find one. Forget the $200 one.

Tom
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Dashpad hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dashpad hunting   Dashpad hunting Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 7:15 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Those dashpads are close to 30 years old, finding a good one takes a little time.  Finding one priced fairly takes a little longer.  I would not worry about color; you can buy SEM paint that is mixed to match in any color.

We're down south for the winter.  I hit both big junkyards in Jacksonville FL.  I just looked up the prices, one gets $15 the other $17.  But finding one that hasn't been destroyed by the FL sun, is a little bit of a chore.

Keep looking you'll find one.  Forget the $200 one.

Tom

Finding one without cracks here in Florida isn't easy. Most everything in the yards is beaten to death before it arrives. Doesn't help that a B Body in a junk yard is pretty rare these days.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Dashpad hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dashpad hunting   Dashpad hunting Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 7:59 pm

He's in the midwest where he'll probably have better luck, but still probably not easy to find. But, he can't be worried about color and the $200 is way out of line, in my opinion.

Tom
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

Dashpad hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dashpad hunting   Dashpad hunting Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 9:29 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
He's in the midwest where he'll probably have better luck, but still probably not easy to find.  But, he can't be worried about color and the $200 is way out of line, in my opinion.

Tom

Way out of line indeed. That is an eBay price.

I just can't do that stuff regardless of the part. I sold a perfect Buick pad for 25 bucks. Regardless of the car/availability they are still just junk car parts to me.
Back to top Go down
Buicknutt

Buicknutt

Dashpad hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dashpad hunting   Dashpad hunting Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2020 5:47 pm

I have a nice tan one or two...but local pickup only $75
Back to top Go down
91rdmastr

Dashpad hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dashpad hunting   Dashpad hunting Icon_minitimeSun Mar 15, 2020 2:59 pm

Thanks Buicknutt..where are you located? I'm in K.C. Mo.. The cheapest dash I can find is a gray one for 200.00...with shipping. I would rather have blue but I suppose I could paint it. Has anyone tried to recover their dash?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Dashpad hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dashpad hunting   Dashpad hunting Icon_minitimeMon Mar 16, 2020 4:00 pm

They have been recovered. I do not know what the cost was, because I have always been able to find a good used one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dashpad hunting Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dashpad hunting   Dashpad hunting Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dashpad hunting
Page 1 of 1