GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Salvage yard hunting

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
91rdmastr

Salvage yard hunting  Empty
PostSubject: Salvage yard hunting    Salvage yard hunting  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2020 9:15 am

I went to a salvage yard yesterday and got lucky with a few parts. I was able to get the plastic housing that's behind the fuel door and got the tapered rubber piece that goes from the fill tube to the tank...I also got the b-pillar trim. Both of the wagons...1was a roadie and 1 was a caprice...had roof racks. The caprice had the low profile I want but I soon found out the its too wide. The roadie was a 96 with quite a few good parts left. I finally found a dash pad, I'll have to paint it but they only want $20.00...compared to the blue dash pad on ebay that they want $325.00 for.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Salvage yard hunting    Salvage yard hunting  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2020 11:32 am

I hope you picked the tail lights from the Caprice. I believe you mean the C pillar exterior door trim, because there is no B pillar trim. Did you get any rear grab handle light lenses? There are a lot of hard to find parts you can pull. You can even finance your trip with some of them. Electric antennas that are not bent, Driver door panels, gate glass solenoids, driver's side front arm rest (caprice) and rear wiper arms.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Salvage yard hunting    Salvage yard hunting  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2020 1:14 pm

Good score. Rarely see wagons in yards these days. Even if I do find one, Fred has already been there Wink

Andebe likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Salvage yard hunting    Salvage yard hunting  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2020 10:21 pm

Early birds get the pick of the worms. You snooze you loose. At least I have reverence for the parts, and do not destroy what I do not take.

Andebe likes this post

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Salvage yard hunting    Salvage yard hunting  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2020 7:21 am

Majority of the cars I see in yards deserve to be there. Interiors are always trashed. Very few good parts. Back home finding cars that make you wonder why it is even there were common. Not so much here.

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Salvage yard hunting    Salvage yard hunting  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2020 12:37 pm

Fred Kiehl wrote:
Early birds get the pick of the worms. You snooze you loose. At least I have reverence for the parts, and do not destroy what I do not take.

Correct on the snooze part. I’m unable to make any trips until weekends and by then laziness sets in. I don’t really need anything for my wagon and lost any desire to gather/sell parts to others. My extra stuff was gave away or tossed in the trash.
Back to top Go down
shrimpNE

PostSubject: parts are available at Wilberts for wagons - for a week or two.   Salvage yard hunting  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2020 6:15 pm

This junkyard has several wagons. As of June 20,2020

1991-1996
96 Roadmaster- Gold  / tan interior all body panels are excellent condition, 93K good engine/tranny
94 Roadmaster- White / tan interior- all body panels are rotted out.
91 ish Caprice Red- Grey interior- somehwat rough.Salvage yard hunting  1996_d10
Salvage yard hunting  1996_r10
Salvage yard hunting  1996_i10

94 ish Caprice Sedan- Navy Blue - TBI motor. Many good  parts.

WILBERTS U-Pull it
4936 State Route 104
Williamson NY 14589

315-589-2222

www.wupi.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Salvage yard hunting    Salvage yard hunting  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Salvage yard hunting
Page 1 of 1