GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

C-19 Cruise

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
uxwbill

uxwbill

C-19 Cruise Empty
PostSubject: C-19 Cruise   C-19 Cruise Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2020 4:53 pm

Years ago, all the high school kids around here used to cruise up and down Main Street. It fizzled out around the time I graduated high school (about 20 years ago!) and never came back. (Yes, I did some "crusin'" back then.)

With all of this quarantining and distancing going on, someone joked that cruising on Main Street ought to start up again. A few people took it seriously and it's only grown since. I wandered into it quite by accident one night, later finding out from my neighbors what was going on. What better thing to do with one's longroof? (So far it's been the only one of its vintage or close to.)

This is the first time it's been out and about in a while.

C-19 Cruise Cruise2

C-19 Cruise Cruise1

C-19 Cruise Cruise3

It's been great fun. While it's hard to tell exactly how many cars were there, the first night I participated, I counted about 85.
Back to top Go down
http://greyghost.mooo.com/
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

C-19 Cruise Empty
PostSubject: Re: C-19 Cruise   C-19 Cruise Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2020 5:25 pm

cool! Cool
Back to top Go down
uxwbill

uxwbill

C-19 Cruise Empty
PostSubject: Re: C-19 Cruise   C-19 Cruise Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2022 8:25 pm

Yes, I'm bringing an old post back to life.

It wasn't too much longer after my starting this thread that the cruises fizzled out. Sadly, it was probably just as well, since the invasion of people with Obnoxious Pickup Trucks(tm) and equally obnoxious driving manners were running roughshod over everything. My beloved wagon came way too close to being backed into!

Someone did show up with a nicely kept up boxy wagon! It was filled with a bunch of young kids, including one doing the driving. I gave them a thumbs up and got one back. I hope they will keep it up and take care of it.

C-19 Cruise Boxywagon1

C-19 Cruise Boxywagon2

It had vanity plates that read "MOR TUBA". I'll just admit right now that I don't get the joke, assuming there is one. Hey, maybe it belongs to someone who participates here?

A few much older and non-GM wagons showed up. I don't have very many pictures of those, but here's one now.

C-19 Cruise 57wagon1

Totally off topic: someone brought a semi to the cruise. I found this far too amusing.

C-19 Cruise Semi

Finally, here is a nice picture of my wagon, taken on one of the last nights that anyone was cruising around.

C-19 Cruise Blue-whale-resting

It was great fun while it lasted and people were behaving well...
Back to top Go down
http://greyghost.mooo.com/
Sponsored content

C-19 Cruise Empty
PostSubject: Re: C-19 Cruise   C-19 Cruise Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

C-19 Cruise
Page 1 of 1