GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW

Go down 
+5
cletus3x
sherlock9c1
Sprocket
rcktpwrd
Ed1le
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ed1le

Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW   Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2020 4:22 pm

Greetings!  I've been a car nut and currently have a C5 vette that I use for autocross and track days and a long term 1970 Skylark convertible that is receiving an '87 Grand National power plant.  Yesterday I picked up a 96 Buick Roadmaster Wagon from my Aunt and Uncle in NJ.  They're the original owners and although it has 131K miles, a Maaco paint job and cosmetic wear, its been well maintained mechanically and is accident and rust free.  I've always been a fan of these wagons, and wagons in general so this should be a fun toy.  I have 3 kids and they think it's great, especially the third row seat!

Dave.hays likes this post

Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW   Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2020 5:04 pm

welcome to the forums.
sounds like a neat collection and projects!

Ed1le likes this post

Back to top Go down
Ed1le

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW   Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2020 7:26 pm

Now that I’ve reached the 5 post requirement, here are a few pics I took this evening of it.
Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW Ff86c910
Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW Db692710
Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW Dd540510

Andebe and rcktpwrd like this post

Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW   Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2020 10:10 am

welcome aboard. looks like a good starting point.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW   Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2020 1:04 pm

Welcome! Start saving for a transmission. Also, yank the plastic trim panels off the back doors TODAY, then clean them and glue them down with windshield urethane adhesive. Also, at some point you'll want to remove and reseal all the roof rack rib screws. Don't let that rust above the windshield get any worse.
Take the exhaust manifolds off and have them planed flat at a machine shop, then reinstall with new grade 5 bolts and washers. Dorman 03133 are the bolts between the manifolds and the cats.

Welcome!

Back to top Go down
cletus3x

cletus3x

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW   Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2020 9:35 am

Nice wagon, good luck!
Back to top Go down
Bigblue96

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW   Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2020 10:11 am

Nice looking wagon! I like the white. That third row never fails to impress. Ours was a huge hit with our friends kids. They kept asking how we were able to afford a car like ours haha!
Back to top Go down
loguestar15

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW   Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2020 9:06 pm

It looks absolutely stunning. Impressive wagon you have there.
Back to top Go down
Dave.hays

Dave.hays

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW   Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2020 9:49 pm

Looks great - welcome! I'm not too far away in Northern VA. If you haven't played with window regulators much, with three kids, you might get to before too long! Just be slow and careful getting into these door panels...
Back to top Go down
HendersonRacing514

HendersonRacing514

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW   Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2020 1:11 am

Nice collection. Good looking wagon there. I’d like to see some pics of the skylark!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW   Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi from Maryland-just bought a 96 RMW
Page 1 of 1