GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Clips for right rear corner trim

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Bilwit

Clips for right rear corner trim Empty
PostSubject: Clips for right rear corner trim   Clips for right rear corner trim Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 9:45 am

Hi all,
I am new to the forum and hope I post this correctly. Need the attachment clips for the right rear corner molding. Two clips are on it but all but one of the attachment tips is broken. Appreciate any assistance is sourcing these. Part no., place to buy, whatever. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Bilwit

PostSubject: Re: Clips for right rear corner trim   Clips for right rear corner trim Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 9:51 am

Sorry omitted car details. Need clips for '96 Buick RMW. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: Clips for right rear corner trim   Clips for right rear corner trim Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 10:00 am

We had the same problem, and even when the clips were there, but in poor shape, the pieces sat wrong. I removed the rubber strip and used two small screws through the metal to the body and then stuck the rubber back on to hide the screws. Invisible and is solid and lined up very well. I could not find new clips, and the used trim pieces I got because the old ones were dented had glued together clips in them.
Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

PostSubject: Re: Clips for right rear corner trim   Clips for right rear corner trim Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 10:11 am

Try Clips and Fasteners .com I've used them and they carry an assortment of just about any fastener or clip you need for a GM product .
Back to top Go down
Fix Until Broke

PostSubject: Re: Clips for right rear corner trim   Clips for right rear corner trim Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 12:03 pm

There's a variety of links in this thread - not sure if they have the specific ones you're looking for or not.

I'm in need of a solution for this as well so interested in what you find.

https://www.impalassforum.com/threads/re-engineering-the-chrome-panel-fastener.1319398/
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Clips for right rear corner trim   Clips for right rear corner trim Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 3:35 pm

The rear corner clips are not available. If you have the part in the corner trim minus the pins, some have tried drilling out the area where the pin was, and putting a push pin (like the cowl pins) through the holes and into the brackets. From what I understand, it worked good.
Back to top Go down
Bilwit

PostSubject: Re: Clips for right rear corner trim   Clips for right rear corner trim Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 10:28 am

Thanks for that info. I do have two clips in the molding so I could try the same solution.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clips for right rear corner trim   Clips for right rear corner trim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clips for right rear corner trim
Page 1 of 1