GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

dash color 96 RMW

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Isurf

Isurf

dash color 96 RMW Empty
PostSubject: dash color 96 RMW   dash color 96 RMW Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 7:41 pm

I have located a one piece dashboard panel local, and not too expensive. It's blue, but I need tan. Does anyone know the correct color to repaint it to match for my 96 tan interior wagon.

Thanks in advance,

Tom
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

dash color 96 RMW Empty
PostSubject: Re: dash color 96 RMW   dash color 96 RMW Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2021 3:47 pm

Sedan dash and wagon dash parts interchange, right ??
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

dash color 96 RMW Empty
PostSubject: Re: dash color 96 RMW   dash color 96 RMW Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2021 6:09 pm

Yes, they are the same.

I know there is a thread here with the SEM codes for the correct Tan color. If I remember correctly, the perfect match is a custom mix.

There is one that is a close match that you can get off the shelf at parts stores that carry it. I got mine from Carquest and I know the Advance Auto warehouse near work carries it.

dash color 96 RMW PgTatvl
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

dash color 96 RMW Empty
PostSubject: Re: dash color 96 RMW   dash color 96 RMW Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2021 8:12 pm

thanks, Thats the color I was thinking of. I need to do the dash panel, and the grey impala console. I am thinking of a satin or similar black for much of the dash panel (inside the chjrome trim) and matchjing thje black center of the impala console.
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

dash color 96 RMW Empty
PostSubject: Re: dash color 96 RMW   dash color 96 RMW Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2022 7:14 pm

Painted the blue sedan dash black today, looks decent. Took it out to the car, and does not seem to fit the wagon. The problem so far, looks to be the bottom edge between the steering and radio. Any suggestions to fix? Am I missing something obvious? Old dash front came out a long time ago.

I did locate and buy one in the right color, but it has to come off another time or two for other issues, and I don't really want to push my luck with aged plastic.

Not going to like going to wagonfest with the center of the dashboard missing.
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

dash color 96 RMW Empty
PostSubject: Re: dash color 96 RMW   dash color 96 RMW Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2022 10:07 am

Finally got the dash face in somewhat right. Doesn't fit right around the radio temp controls, but will do till I get back to work behind it.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

dash color 96 RMW Empty
PostSubject: Re: dash color 96 RMW   dash color 96 RMW Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2022 10:21 pm

I believe the 96 had a double din radio, and the earlier ones had one and a half din radios.
Back to top Go down
Isurf

Isurf

dash color 96 RMW Empty
PostSubject: Re: dash color 96 RMW   dash color 96 RMW Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2022 8:18 am

Yes 96 had a double din radio. The dash was stated to be from a 96. The radio is a double din. The fit around the radio is close, but not quite, there's a small gap on the right side, top to bottom. Top and bottom edges just barley overlap on the radio face. I know the tan dash I have in my basement is from a 96.
Back to top Go down
booster

dash color 96 RMW Empty
PostSubject: Re: dash color 96 RMW   dash color 96 RMW Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2022 9:21 am

We here about breaking old plastic parts all the time on all older vehicles as they can be very hard to get off without breaking them.

If you can get them off without breakage or are putting on unbroken replacements, you might want to consider making them easier and less easy to damage in the future. The push in metal clips they use are very, very tight, probably from the manufacturers trying to prevent any chance of squeaks, but they really don't need to be that tight from what I have seen.

I almost always do two things to the metal clips. First I take a wide pliers (I use a lineman's pliers) and give them a good squeeze to reduce the width somewhat and gives them less force holding them in. Second, I use silicone grease on them when reassembling. I have been doing this to that kind of clip for decades and never got any squeaks or other problems from doing it.

I had my dash off this winter for the first time and it was scary how much force it took. Luckily it did not break. I did the above two things when I put it back in. I then discovered I needed to take it off again and it came out very nicely with only moderate, unscary, amounts of force.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

dash color 96 RMW Empty
PostSubject: Re: dash color 96 RMW   dash color 96 RMW Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2022 9:38 am

Isurf wrote:
Yes 96 had a double din radio. The dash was stated to be from a 96. The radio is a double din. The fit around the radio is close, but not quite, there's a small gap on the right side, top to bottom. Top and bottom edges just barley overlap on the radio face. I know the tan dash I have in my basement is from a 96.

You may be able to adjust the position of the radio to match the grille.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

dash color 96 RMW Empty
PostSubject: Re: dash color 96 RMW   dash color 96 RMW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dash color 96 RMW
Page 1 of 1