GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Carpet choosing for RMW

Go down 
+5
rcktpwrd
94Woody
sherlock9c1
Fred Kiehl
booster
9 posters
AuthorMessage
booster

Carpet choosing for RMW Empty
PostSubject: Carpet choosing for RMW   Carpet choosing for RMW Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 7:48 pm

Has anyone seen both or used both the ACC regular cut pile vs the mass backing version? I don't know what the OEM has as the carpet and seats are still in the car.

Any difference in fit or ease of installation?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Carpet choosing for RMW   Carpet choosing for RMW Icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2021 9:24 pm

I have used the top grade carpeting in my car, and it was relatively easy to install.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Carpet choosing for RMW   Carpet choosing for RMW Icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2021 10:48 pm

Buy the better one.

Fred Kiehl likes this post

Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Carpet choosing for RMW   Carpet choosing for RMW Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 8:30 pm

I have used both of them and there is a difference. Use the mass back for the main area and the regular one for the cargo area.
Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: Carpet choosing for RMW   Carpet choosing for RMW Icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2021 9:05 pm

94Woody wrote:
I have used both of them and there is a difference. Use the mass back for the main area and the regular one for the cargo area.

Thanks Woody great information. I am lucky in that the cargo area is in very good shape so just the front to do. Mass back it is for me, I think.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Carpet choosing for RMW   Carpet choosing for RMW Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 5:31 pm

booster wrote:
94Woody wrote:

Thanks Woody great information.  I am lucky in that the cargo area is in very good shape so just the front to do.  Mass back it is for me, I think.

The mass back will fit much better than the stuff without it. I used regular on my current wagon and there are visible gaps in some places where it meets trim pieces. If I decide to keep the car it will be changed out soon.

The new carpet just looks so much better....

Carpet choosing for RMW LpiGTZc

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: Carpet choosing for RMW   Carpet choosing for RMW Icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2021 5:44 pm

94Woody wrote:
booster wrote:
94Woody wrote:

Thanks Woody great information.  I am lucky in that the cargo area is in very good shape so just the front to do.  Mass back it is for me, I think.

The mass back will fit much better than the stuff without it. I used regular on my current wagon and there are visible gaps in some places where it meets trim pieces. If I decide to keep the car it will be changed out soon.

The new carpet just looks so much better....

Carpet choosing for RMW LpiGTZc

I am confused. You said mass back for main area and regular for rear and said regular was a problem. So what is the carpet in the pic and is it the area with the problem?
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Carpet choosing for RMW   Carpet choosing for RMW Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2021 9:40 am

Don't confuse yourself. I said regular/non mass back for the rear and that is the regular/non mass back carpet in the rear in that picture. It fits perfectly.

Regular carpet fit just fine in the front as well....

Carpet choosing for RMW DSmcCsi

Since it is thinner than the factory stuff there are some air gaps against certain trim parts that only I notice because I know they are there. The Mass Back carpet is thicker and fills those gaps. Also hold it shape slightly better because it is heavier.

I recommend unrolling it and letting it sit out for some time before installing. Also take your time when installing and get it in place the best you can BEFORE trimming anything. I failed to do that and my end result was not the greatest.

Carpet choosing for RMW LJwRB1P

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: Carpet choosing for RMW   Carpet choosing for RMW Icon_minitimeSat Jul 31, 2021 10:09 am

You had just lost me when you said it had gaps with regular carpet and then showed the area in the pic that didn't have gaps. Clear now.

94Woody likes this post

Back to top Go down
rcktpwrd

rcktpwrd

PostSubject: Re: Carpet choosing for RMW   Carpet choosing for RMW Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2021 7:57 pm

How much extra length is there in the front section?

When we replaced the carpet in the wife's 454SS, I think it was ACC carpet, it was several feet longer then necessary in, mainly in the front. Seemed like enough for an extended cab truck but all the material was in front of the foot area. Was a huge pain in the butt to fit in a regular cab pickup... Very difficult to get in place to figure out where to trim until ot was close in size. End results were very nice, just lots of trimming to get it to fit without taking too much off. We actually left it a little long up the firewall area for a more finished look. A foot extra would have been sufficient!
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Carpet choosing for RMW   Carpet choosing for RMW Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2021 5:42 pm

If memory serves I didn’t have to cut anything from the front. It just needed some trimming on the sides.

Had more problems with mass back carpet because I was clueless and didn’t install it properly. Did not realize until AFTER I started cutting pieces from it.
Back to top Go down
Dave.hays

Dave.hays

PostSubject: Re: Carpet choosing for RMW   Carpet choosing for RMW Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 5:15 pm

Not sure if this belongs here or in a new thread:

I have looked and have not found a list of ACC colors vs. RM/B-Body interior colors. Now that I have graduated to two RMWs, both of which will need new carpet, I'd love to pull that together. For those who have done it, can you let us know what you went with and if you think it was a good match to the original?

e.g., Blue interior = ACC Essex 1017A Lapis Blue
Beige interior = [Beige]/[Cream]/[Caramel]/[Prarie Tan]?
Burgundy interior = ?
Back to top Go down
booster

PostSubject: Re: Carpet choosing for RMW   Carpet choosing for RMW Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2021 5:34 pm

We just got ours for the 96 RMW and got medium beige in cutpile with mass backing. It is darker than the stock tan, but that was intentional to make it less dirt showing over time and put some darker color lower in the cabin which we like.

Lots more colors to choose from with cut pile compared to Essex.

https://www.accmats.com/material-color/flooring/

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
ayilar

ayilar

PostSubject: Re: Carpet choosing for RMW   Carpet choosing for RMW Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2023 10:52 am

booster wrote:
We just got ours for the 96  RMW and got medium beige in cutpile with mass backing.  It is darker than the stock tan, but that was intentional to make it less dirt showing over time and put some darker color lower in the cabin which we like.

Lots more colors to choose from with cut pile compared to Essex.

https://www.accmats.com/material-color/flooring/

@booster, this is a helpful post. A few questions:

1. Except for the color, did the plush cut pile ( as opposed to Ultra-Plush Cutpile) match the appearance/feel of the OEM carpet?

2. Did you get a sample of the 8295 Medium Doe Skin, which I believe is the closest to OEM?

3. Did the mass backing carpet fit well, and was it easy to install?

It'd be great to see before/after (with your 8835 medium beige) photos, if you have any.

Thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
windssurfer

PostSubject: Carpet color for 94 Roadmaster wagon stock beige color?   Carpet choosing for RMW Icon_minitimeMon May 08, 2023 1:47 pm

Wondering if anyone knows the answer to Ayilar's question #1 and #2?  

1. Except for the color, did the plush cut pile ( as opposed to Ultra-Plush Cutpile) match the appearance/feel of the OEM carpet?

2. is 8295 Medium Doe Skin, the closest to OEM beige color?  

3. Is this the best place to buy it now?  https://www.accmats.com/material-color/flooring/

ayilar likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

PostSubject: Re: Carpet choosing for RMW   Carpet choosing for RMW Icon_minitimeWed May 17, 2023 12:30 pm

I ordered carpet for my 94 wagon with interior RPO code 648 Lt Beige from StockInteriors 866 868 4577 . Carpet was color 8295 Medium Doeskin Plush Cut Pile it's a perfect match .I also added the Massback backing for a bit more sound proofing . A good company to deal with good price and I got the carpet in 1 week after I ordered it .

ayilar and WhiteBird like this post

Back to top Go down
windssurfer

PostSubject: Re: Carpet choosing for RMW   Carpet choosing for RMW Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2023 2:44 pm

I decided to order from RockAuto due to price and delivery. Went with the Essex heavier pile and mass backing in 1076TP Prairie Tan. Paid $289 including shipping with the 5% discount. Took less than a week to get.

Any installing tips? How did you cut the holes for seat bolts?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Carpet choosing for RMW   Carpet choosing for RMW Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2023 5:51 pm

Use a small soldering iron to make holes.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
windssurfer

PostSubject: Re: Carpet choosing for RMW   Carpet choosing for RMW Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2023 7:10 pm

That was exactly what I was thinking I might do. Thanks for confirming that Fred!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carpet choosing for RMW   Carpet choosing for RMW Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carpet choosing for RMW
Page 1 of 1