GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MSD plug wires

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sherlock128

Sherlock128

MSD plug wires Empty
PostSubject: MSD plug wires   MSD plug wires Icon_minitimeThu Feb 25, 2021 11:01 pm

Is anyone running the MSD plug wires? are they worth it? I put in new MSD opti and coil but my car is still missing so I was going to change the wires next.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

MSD plug wires Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSD plug wires   MSD plug wires Icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2021 11:45 am

Just put stock-size 7mm plug wires on. They fit in the factory looms.  If your car still has the factory brackets in place, I'd recommend using them. Good pictures of how they should be routed are here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Wojtek

Wojtek

MSD plug wires Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSD plug wires   MSD plug wires Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 5:09 pm

As far as the makeup of the plug wire there is no difference between a 7mm or 8mm other than the insulation . I've run (7mm to 8mm)than changed plug wires on a number of my builds with the 8s being a bit snugger fit in the wire looms but they still work . That said I'm a firm believer in matched components if your running an MSD Opti Spark  set up run MSD wires I like their products quality .  Make sure you use dielectric grease in your caps you should be fine
Back to top Go down
Dandy

MSD plug wires Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSD plug wires   MSD plug wires Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 5:33 pm

Dumb Question, but did you change out your plugs yet? Could it be that simple?

If not, maybe pick up a set of plugs and wires. Change out and inspect the old plugs first and then if that clears it up, return the wires. If not, replace the wires.
Back to top Go down
Sherlock128

Sherlock128

MSD plug wires Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSD plug wires   MSD plug wires Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2021 7:12 pm

I'm just going to go with the stock size wires as they are almost $150 cheaper lol

and Dandy Yes I have changed my plugs that was actually the first thing I did it actually looked like they still had the original plugs lol I'm going to try and swap the wires tomorrow and hopefully that clears it up

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
lamune

lamune

MSD plug wires Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSD plug wires   MSD plug wires Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2021 11:10 pm

I built a set of custom MSD wires and I'm quite happy with them from a quality perspective but the 8.5mm diameter makes them a bit harder to control. I do agree they are overkill and not really necessary. But they sure look cool.

Wojtek likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MSD plug wires Empty
PostSubject: Re: MSD plug wires   MSD plug wires Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MSD plug wires
Page 1 of 1