GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

special spark plug wires for headers?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
cadillac kevin

special spark plug wires for headers? Empty
PostSubject: special spark plug wires for headers?   special spark plug wires for headers? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:06 am

I was wondering what plug wires you guys use with your headers. my mechanic said the plug wires I have won't work with the headers. Does anybody have any recommendations? (Also, I'm on a budget so $150 spark plug wires are out of the question)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: special spark plug wires for headers?   special spark plug wires for headers? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 6:34 am

Like I said on facebook... I just have regular ol' $25 wires from Summit. All of the ends are 90 degrees, so they fit under just fine, and anywhere the wire was under the pipe, I simply wrapped. Works just fine.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: special spark plug wires for headers?   special spark plug wires for headers? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:58 am

I ended up with the $150.00 ceramic high temp stuff, as every else would burn through. I still use the woven boots on the end as well.

No burn through this year... yet.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: special spark plug wires for headers?   special spark plug wires for headers? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:58 am

Kevin,
Go to koolmat.com and get a set of these. and you will be good to go

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: special spark plug wires for headers?   special spark plug wires for headers? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:30 pm

^^^Those look very handy. How much? Will they stretch over heater & AC hoses, etc?
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: special spark plug wires for headers?   special spark plug wires for headers? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:36 pm

They are available in sets of 4 at Advance Auto. I don't recall the price.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: special spark plug wires for headers?   special spark plug wires for headers? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 10:33 pm

jimbeau wrote:
^^^Those look very handy. How much? Will they stretch over heater & AC hoses, etc?

Jim,
Pat has a large variety of sizes, styles, variations of her products.

Check out koolmat.com for more, see something your interested in P.M me for a discount code Wink
Back to top Go down
cadillac kevin

PostSubject: Re: special spark plug wires for headers?   special spark plug wires for headers? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 11:54 pm

those look cool, and they're cheaper than the $150 wires. Would I need the universal fit ones?

Also, what is the purpose of covering the AC lines?

(I'm getting custom lines made since the AC and alt are on the wrong sides of the engine)
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: special spark plug wires for headers?   special spark plug wires for headers? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 11:57 pm

Kevin - yes you would need the universal ones, she also does them in colors. Her line sleeves, and several other products are used in ALOT of racing sanctions and work excellent

Back to top Go down
cadillac kevin

PostSubject: Re: special spark plug wires for headers?   special spark plug wires for headers? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 12:45 am

If I get them colored I'll probably go with black since thats what most of my engine bay is

...and yes, those are long tube headers on a fleetwood brougham.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: special spark plug wires for headers?   special spark plug wires for headers? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 9:55 am

I have a complete set of American Racing Vector wheels if you are looking for spares/ other sizes.

15x7x4.75 and 15x8.5x4.75. Standard Chevy pattern, not 5x5. I also have a set of 15x10x5. which are also available. They would fit an fully open wheel on the rear, like a truck, but not a b-body wagon. .
Back to top Go down
cadillac kevin

PostSubject: Re: special spark plug wires for headers?   special spark plug wires for headers? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 3:28 pm

lakeffect wrote:
I have a complete set of American Racing Vector wheels if you are looking for spares/ other sizes.

15x7x4.75 and 15x8.5x4.75. Standard Chevy pattern, not 5x5. I also have a set of 15x10x5. which are also available. They would fit an fully open wheel on the rear, like a truck, but not a b-body wagon. .

I'd need 5x5 bolt pattern, and the tires are almost new so I don't want to have to buy new ones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: special spark plug wires for headers?   special spark plug wires for headers? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

special spark plug wires for headers?
Page 1 of 1