GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TB cooling delete help please

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bucky53

TB cooling delete help please Empty
PostSubject: TB cooling delete help please   TB cooling delete help please Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 6:42 am

My 95 Caprice LT1 wagon cooling routing was modified prior to my ownership. Friday I saw the temp gage creeping up and pulled over to see what was going on.
The thermostat evidently stuck closed and the ensuing partial overheat caused fluid to be forced out of the surge tank which then burst the modified hose that now went to the steam line along the RH valve cover. The hose was apparently fuel line but I couldn't tell whether it was injection or carb rating.
I know you get a few HP by doing this and I know the cooling system flows backwards from most other GM systems but any ideas or thoughts would be appreciated. Would the tstat have to be open to let coolant pushed that way to loop back into the system?
Thanks for any input.
Back to top Go down

TB cooling delete help please
Page 1 of 1