GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

OCC Grill ?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
COL

COL

OCC Grill ? Empty
PostSubject: OCC Grill ?   OCC Grill ? Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2021 3:46 pm

I am getting ready to paint our 92 OCC. I am looking for a very good chrome grill.
This car is just too great to sell (not a great market on Oregon coast) so we are going to spruce it up. We bought this car with 51,000 and now have 188,500.

Also my left rear door is stuck closed. Suggestions?

Any one have a grill? Thanks.
Dick Deam
aka COL
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

OCC Grill ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCC Grill ?   OCC Grill ? Icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2021 7:27 pm

You are chasing one of the hen's teeth. Good luck finding one. Don't be surprised if it is a little pricey.

Rear door could be a couple of things. Bad lock motor/linkage, or damaged lock. Sometimes the door will stick at the top of the door seal along the pinch weld. It is difficult to remove the interior without opening the door, but it can be done. If you can put the window down, you may be able to catch the mechanism with a "slim-jim".
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

OCC Grill ? Empty
PostSubject: stuck rear door   OCC Grill ? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 8:27 am

Thanks Fred,
I worked a couple hours, three days in a row with nothing but frustration. My switch was not working for the window so I could not get it down. Ultimately yesterday I was back at it try ing to get the door panel off from inside. You had mentioned it could be done, but it was difficult. You were right.

I used a couple different plastic tools to pull it off the door. When I got it off, I gained enough room to get my arm in the hole. I studied the diagram in my service manual and felt around until I found the child safety lever. By clicking it I was able to open the door.

It is back together and working now. Thanks for the tip. My right forearm is bruised but at least the door works. I taped the child release button so it would not happen again.
Dick Deam
aka COL
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

OCC Grill ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCC Grill ?   OCC Grill ? Icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2021 8:54 am

glad to hear you got the door working again. As for the grille, if you are on facebook, there is a OCC group as well as B-Body wagon mafia group. There is a guy name Cory James on there (he's on here too, but doubt he ever checks it anymore). Anyway, he's in Michigan and I know he has a couple of OCC grilles. Don't know what he wants for them though.

I sold all the ones I had.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

OCC Grill ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: OCC Grill ?   OCC Grill ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OCC Grill ?
Page 1 of 1