GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

abs brakes 91 caprice wagon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pontdog@nb.sympatico.ca

abs brakes 91 caprice wagon Empty
PostSubject: abs brakes 91 caprice wagon   abs brakes 91 caprice wagon Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2021 5:28 am

i have searched this whole section and can't find anything about getting rid of the abs .i have to replace the rear brakes and all the lines so if i put a t in the front and a go into the line into the rear directly from the portioning valve.that way i can eliminate all the abs box and take out the bulb.we don't have inspections here like alot of states.i like the old way and that seems to have always worked for me.if i unplug the box is there anything else i should be aware of.i know i still have to bleed the brakes
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: abs brakes 91 caprice wagon   abs brakes 91 caprice wagon Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2021 9:11 am

You need to put a line directly from the proportioning valve to the rear line, and a T in the line for the front brakes. You can then remove the entire ABS block, and light bulb. The fittings should be either double flare, or bubble flare. The OEM parts are bubble flared. Bubble flared lines will be compatible with the OEM type, and can be easier overall. I make bubble flares by performing the first step of making a double flare, and using them that way. I chose to shorten the lines, and connect them as directly below the proportioning valve as possible. Put some loops in the line to allow for flexing like the OEM lines. The only issue is getting into the limited space available.
Back to top Go down
pontdog@nb.sympatico.ca

PostSubject: Re: abs brakes 91 caprice wagon   abs brakes 91 caprice wagon Icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2021 12:28 pm

thanks Fred that's what i thought
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: abs brakes 91 caprice wagon   abs brakes 91 caprice wagon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

abs brakes 91 caprice wagon
Page 1 of 1