GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Figured out my intermittent misfire

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sherlock9c1

Figured out my intermittent misfire Empty
PostSubject: Figured out my intermittent misfire   Figured out my intermittent misfire Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:20 am

Right around WF10 I had replaced my opti and still had an occasional intermittent misfire. It would come and go, often dependent on which direction the car was accelerating. I finally discovered it. When the car was warmed up and idling at its usual low rpm, I was parking it in the garage when I heard a ticking coming from underhood whenever the car would misfire. Well, I put the parking brake on, put it in D to slow the engine down, popped the hood, and quickly located the misfire.

It turns out that when I did the water pump and opti replacement, I also removed the AIR pump, its bracket and associated piping, except that I left the big U-tube in place. Well, turns out the U-tube was loose enough (the AIR pump bracket helps support it) that it was flopping around and would occasionally touch the #2 plug boot, shorting that cylinder out. So, for now I bent it out of the way and now the car runs fine.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Figured out my intermittent misfire   Figured out my intermittent misfire Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 1:32 pm

Gotta love it when it's THAT easy.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Figured out my intermittent misfire   Figured out my intermittent misfire Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 2:20 pm

Nice! Saw that tube in half and get it out of there...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Figured out my intermittent misfire   Figured out my intermittent misfire Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Figured out my intermittent misfire
Page 1 of 1