GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

HOW DO I REMOVE THE REARVIEW MIRROR ON A 1993 RMW

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WhiteBird

WhiteBird

HOW DO I REMOVE THE REARVIEW MIRROR ON A 1993 RMW  Empty
PostSubject: HOW DO I REMOVE THE REARVIEW MIRROR ON A 1993 RMW    HOW DO I REMOVE THE REARVIEW MIRROR ON A 1993 RMW  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2022 12:26 pm

I SURE COULD USE SOME HELP HERE.... CHANGING THE MAP READING BULBS ON MY 93 RMW TO LEDS,,,, NEED TO REMOVE THE MIRROR AS SO I CAN GET AT THE SCREWS
HOLDING THE BULB COVERS ON. SCREWS APPEAR TO BE TOREX. ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW THE SIZE OF THE TOREX SCREWS OFFHAND.... THANKX
CHEERS DAVID R
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: HOW DO I REMOVE THE REARVIEW MIRROR ON A 1993 RMW    HOW DO I REMOVE THE REARVIEW MIRROR ON A 1993 RMW  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2022 4:00 pm

You should have a set of different size TORX bits. Pick the one that fits. The mirror is difficult to remove. There is a metal clip in the base that goes over the puck on the glass. I have never been able to get them off myself. You should be able to remove the lenses without removing the mirror.

You can type in upper and lower case so that we do not feel like you are yelling at us.
Back to top Go down
WhiteBird

WhiteBird

PostSubject: Re: HOW DO I REMOVE THE REARVIEW MIRROR ON A 1993 RMW    HOW DO I REMOVE THE REARVIEW MIRROR ON A 1993 RMW  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2022 12:34 am

Dear Mr. Fred Kiehl

Good day to you.... Thank you for your speedy reply.... If all else fails, go to the shop manual...
I have a 1993 RMW shop manual so I referred to it.... I've had the mirror off swapped out the
old bulbs to LEDS and reinstalled the mirror.... All's good to go, much better lighting....
The screw heads are TORX T 9

As for typing in large caps, I'm an older dude and it makes for EZ-er reading at least for me....
I didn't know one could shout.... I for one keep the audio on my computer on mute.... No shouting....

Cheers,

DAVID R
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HOW DO I REMOVE THE REARVIEW MIRROR ON A 1993 RMW    HOW DO I REMOVE THE REARVIEW MIRROR ON A 1993 RMW  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HOW DO I REMOVE THE REARVIEW MIRROR ON A 1993 RMW
Page 1 of 1